Anyone else? (Weight loss)

Talk about anything and everything not related to the in-laws

Moderators: Phred, willthetruthbetold, meimei

Re: Anyone else? (Weight loss)

Postby miwako » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:34 pm

Congratulations! It's always encouraging to pass a threshold like that.
miwako
Enraged

Postby Hiddenjem » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:29 pm

Thanks Miwako!

I have amazing news!

Now, I have food poisoning or a stomach virus!

I went to Sams and bought Icee drinks and a pretzel. I felt sick immediacy after consuming the food and drink.

I can't wait to weigh myself in the morning! :D
"I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did. But people will never forget how you made them feel." Maya Angelou
Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Postby miwako » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:04 am

Oh no! Hope you feel better soon!
miwako
Enraged

Postby Hiddenjem » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:39 am

Thanks Miwako.
"I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did. But people will never forget how you made them feel." Maya Angelou
Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Postby Hiddenjem » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:08 am

Quick check in

I have ten pounds to go. (Then, ten more for summer clothes.)

Oddly, even after "the stomach bug" and eating healthy and tiny portions. I gained a pound! :shock:

Currently at 150.

I can see the progress from the five pounds that I lost in my face.
Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Postby miwako » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:56 am

Don't worry about minor fluctuations like that. A pound of fat is 3500 calories, so it's extremely unlikely you ate that much in addition to the normal 2000-ish calories you burn in a day just existing and running around in such a short time. Weight is an inexact measurement because it includes everything, water retention, muscle increase, the contents of your digestive system, etc., not just fat. My weight has fluctuated up two pounds as well, but I'm not counting it because I know that's just a normal part of being human.

If you're seeing results in your reflection that's a good sign! You're making progress!
miwako
Enraged

Postby Hiddenjem » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:02 pm

Thank you Miwako.
Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Postby Hiddenjem » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:43 pm

Things I am doing

- no food three hours before bed

- no candy, gum or cookies

-no drinks with sugar added (except for dark chocolate almond milk)

-drinking a lot of water

-eating almonds as snacks

-and no animal products (normal life choice for me anyway)

-small portions of food at meals

- one piece of whole grain toast for breakfast with nothing on it for breakfast

---------------

I am very motivated to fit into my favorite clothes again (and have noticed that since taking out "extra" sugar that I have less of a appetite.) I can't control other things in my life but I am going weigh the healthiest weight for this height. It is going to happen.

I hope everyone else is doing well.
Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Postby WatchingMyBack » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:11 am

Hiddenjem, the toast for breakfast is not a healthy choice. Your body is going to do nothing but convert that starchy carbohydrate into sugar (and store it as fat). You need to eat a protein source and a little fat. The fat sounds contrary to what we've always been taught, but fat is essential for brain function. The protein will keep you full far longer than the carb, which will leave you starving. If you really want to just have toast, get Ezekiel Bread.

I know I've mentioned it on this forum before, but I highly recommend watching the documentary "Fat Head" and reading the book "Grain Brain". We've all been brainwashed into believing "whole grains" are the Holy Grail of healthy eating, and they're not. They're hurting our brains and adding to the weight we carry around our mid-sections.

Please just make sure you're getting enough protein (the almonds help, but maybe include some walnuts and lentils), especially at breakfast. And don't skip the "good" fats. They're your friend, not the enemy.
“Make no judgments where you have no compassion.”
WatchingMyBack
Nuclear

Postby miwako » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:39 am

I was going to say that about the toast breakfast too. I have about 300-400 calories for breakfast. I know you're vegan so that limits your options somewhat, but protein, fat and fiber will help you feel fuller with fewer calories than carbohydrates.
miwako
Enraged

Postby Hiddenjem » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:08 pm

Thank you Miwako and Watchingmyback.

-------------------

Now, only two pounds away from a "acceptable weight for winter clothes" for my height today and I no longer need to wear a tummy smoothing tank top under my tops!

I am glad to be "here" finally (after being stuck above 150 or at 150 previously.)

Now, I am working toward the spring/ summer weight goals.

--------------------------
Wishing everyone success in all their goals!
Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Postby IrishLass » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:02 am

So far I am doing good on my weight loss goal. Being on blood thinners for life makes it difficult with what I can and can't eat. I finally broke my "crack" (diet coke) habit and really do enjoy water, which was part of weight loss I am sure. I am now 70 pounds lighter, so still long ways to go (morbidly obese anyone). I am hoping to be at 200 pounds by summer then next winter maybe hopefully at 170. I am quite tall compared to mom and sister (5"9) so I hope that at 170 I will still look slimmer. I love Greek yogurt in the morning with fresh fruit added in.
IrishLass
Fuming

Postby Hiddenjem » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:23 am

Irishlass,

Congratulations on losing 70 pounds so far! I am impressed!

It sounds like you are on a journey to making your goals! I know that you can do it!
Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Postby miwako » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:18 am

Losing 70 lbs is quite an accomplishment! I too am impressed.

I've lost one more pound, which puts me below the weight where I quit last year. Better still, I'm finally seeing a difference in my waist, which is now 28.5 inches. I'm so close to breaking 120 lbs. My goal may seem low, but I'm tiny, and it's 15 lbs more than I was in high school, so it should be a perfectly healthy weight.

Six and a half pounds to go!
miwako
Enraged

Postby Hiddenjem » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:48 pm

Only 6 and half pounds to go for you Miwako!!!

I am impressed! You are doing great!

It isn't "the amount"that makes losing the weight an achievement to me. It is doing what is right for you, your health, and body type.

It is quite a feat losing weight compared to the ease of gaining it. (I am forty something and it wasn't always this way.)

I will weigh in a few days. Meanwhile, I haven't gained and have kept off the eight pounds that I have lost. I can see it in the mirror. I suspect I have twenty pounds left to lose.
Hiddenjem
Nuclear

PreviousNext

Return to Non-In-Laws Talk