What would you do?

Talk about anything and everything not related to the in-laws

Moderators: Phred, willthetruthbetold, meimei

Re: What would you do?

Postby mamarama » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:09 pm

blue iris wrote:I don’t have any advice, except to agree with what mamarama just said. Years ago, we got a HUGE hospital bill for an overnight stay when DH had a kidney stone, which fortunately passed. I questioned an item with the nurse at our doctor’s office. I found out the hospital billed us for surgery to remove the stone!

Woah! :o :shock: :o :shock:

Actually, I've had two different times where my hospital bill was incorrect. The second time it happened was when I went over my bill for my hospital stay for delivering dd, I noticed charges for painkillers that I never took. The nurse would come in every 6 hours to give me Percocet, which I always refused because it makes me so sick to my stomach. H and I at the time blamed it on the nurse who came in to give me the pills, thinking that she pocketed them and then logged them in the records as me taking them. Looking back retrospectively, I think exH took them for himself and blamed the nurse. He LOVED taking my pain meds, it didn't matter what they were. Vicodin, percocets, OxyContin, you name it. Gaw, I'm so glad I divorced him.
mamarama
Nuclear

Postby Hiddenjem » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:16 pm

I do not know if Dh ordered a itemized bill after the two visits. Hmmm...

I did ask for one after first borns birth and found mistakes! I sat down with a the hospital person to correct them and deleted the charges easily too.

I will do so with future hospitalizations again! I can't believe I "forgot" to ask him if he had done that because I know I didn't think to do it this time!

Thank you everyone for the wise words and for sharing your stories!

I started my new job today!

It is near my home and the people are nice! I was so nervous today and have a lot of learn about the business that everyone else there knows already.

Hopefully, tomorrow will be less stressful than today was for me!

Again, thank you everyone!
"I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did. But people will never forget how you made them feel." Maya Angelou
Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Postby rubycrownedkinglet » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:10 pm

Congrats Jem, you deserve this good news.
rubycrownedkinglet
Nuclear

Postby Hiddenjem » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:21 pm

Thank you.

Another twist.....

The lawyer told us we not quality for ch 7 b because we sold the house in the other state.......

I'm devastated ..
"I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did. But people will never forget how you made them feel." Maya Angelou
Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Postby JeanLouiseFinch » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:38 pm

Mamarama is right! One of my best law school friends had surgery while in school. When they got the bill, they were horrified. When her father, who was a pharmacist, looked the bill over, he realized that they double and triple charged her for medications. He advised the hospital that if they had indeed given her as much of these medications, they would have been guilty of murder, not just malpractice! They ended up coming down a lot on the bill. If you have a friend who is a pharmacist, nurse or doctor to help you out, it might be more helpful.
JeanLouiseFinch
Angry

Postby Hiddenjem » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:33 pm

We will give our itemized bill to Dh's nurse sister to comb though!

Good idea!

We don't qualify now for ch 7. Ch 13 doesn't seem like a good option

So... Dh is going to contact the creditors and negotiate 1/3 payment verses us filing. It may take years to pay it off

However we risk college daughter losing her savings account that has her long term savings in it for college if we file from what we just learned.

Thank you everyone!
Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Previous

Return to Non-In-Laws Talk