Six years ago

Talk about anything and everything not related to the in-laws

Moderators: Phred, willthetruthbetold, meimei

Six years ago

Postby IrishLass » Thu May 31, 2018 9:41 am

A post on my timeline of the “book of faces” popped up. Six years ago my Dad passed away due to cancer. It was quick, four months from diagnosis, he went through radiation but did not make it to chemo. Six years ago all of us , Mom, Sister and her family me and my family were saying goodbye. My MIL and her hubby, BIL and my SIL showed up to funeral. (My FIL and his clan were def not there.). A bunch of school busses pulled in (after retiring at a young age my dad decided to be a bus driver) coworkers and students got off the busses. To say good bye. The Catholic Church was packed full, standing room only. Dads favorite music was played, 70s rock, (think queen, journey, def leopard, meatloaf...) by the catholic choir. There was laughter of stories, great food, and friends. My Dad is what I want to be. I hope to achieve that level of happiness in others that they will come to say goodbye and only grieve that I am not physically with them, but have those special memories I shared with them forever. Family is who we choose, not the blood we share.
IrishLass
Fuming

Re: Six years ago

Postby jigglypuff » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:17 pm

That is really touching and I'm sorry about the loss of your dad.

I think if you aspire to be a great person like him, you will succeed. Seems like he and those he knew were fortunate to know one another. What a grand blessing.
'As the days go by, I think of how lucky I am... That you're not here to ruin it for me'
jigglypuff
Nuclear

Return to Non-In-Laws Talk