New Flying Monkey attempt/ or ??

Talk about anything and everything not related to the in-laws

Moderators: Phred, meimei, willthetruthbetold

Hiddenjem
Nuclear

New Flying Monkey attempt/ or ??

Post by Hiddenjem » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:34 pm

Remember, the Aunt and Uncle who both turned out to be flying monkeys?

A "old" friend who is gullible and could easily fall for so called birth mother / psycho's attempt at finding out about me and family wrote me a short letter and mailed it. Psycho is manipulative and a major narcissist. She is good at what she does with a lot of people.

She said she found my address online. Psycho has found it out as well. We just don't respond to confirm she has it right.

I may post the actually letter on here leaving out names.

My gut says that it is psycho who whined to my former friend (she became a drunk and not nice person.) Then, former friend wrote what psycho said for her to say.

We moved to a different state three years ago.

Here it is...

It was mailed a week ago...

----------

Dear Hiddenjem,

Hi! I just found this address online and wanted to see if it was really you.

I was so sad awhile back when I lost contact with you and then found out you moved.

I know we have gone through times when we did not talk a while but we always went back to being bffs

I miss you so much. Please contact me (she includes number, email, etc.)

Love,

Former friend

Something sad happened to my daughter

Son is doing well and is in 9th grade

---------

Observations

The thing about her daughter seems like "bait" for "bite" for her to confirm to psycho that this is our actual address.

So she was sad about me moving away but then she stopped being sad? Yet, she misses me.

I wonder if this isn't a flying monkey attempt that it is odd that it is so short and written like psycho type notes that I have collected through the years.

Her husband is a jerk and blamed me that former lost her virginity in high school. Yet, I didn't. I had so many "so called" friends tell parents and eventually when they married that I was the bad influence for them to drink, try drugs and have sex. I never had sex in high school, never tried smoking, or drinking or drugs. I babysat and studied a lot. Also, I read a lot of books! I didn't even have a boyfriend until senior year! I don't get it! I still live a very "wholesome life" and did the same in college.

Anyway, the last time I saw former friend? She invited me out with her co workers. It turns out to be a drinking event. I just drank something non alcoholic because I opt not to drink. No big deal. Former friend apolized to her work friends that she regretted even having invited me with me sitting right there. She said that she was sorry. I got up and paid for my beverage and left the dining place. We didn't speak again.

She sent me a email three years ago that I ignored.

Then, today the letter....

Insights?

I keep rereading the letter and strongly feel she was pressured by psycho to confirm my address or to gain information about me and family.

The wording is "so psycho style" and I know my not getting drunk with her makes me not friend worthy.

If something did happen with her daughter, where are those "friends" now... Maybe they are just getting drunk buddies. I do hope all is well with everyone and their offspring. It just doesn't feel like a really sincere letter.

It is hard constantly keeping your guard up with potential flying monkey issues and / or hurtful "former " friends.

Thanks for any insights I know some of you have read psychos letters but if not it is on here somewhere,
"I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did. But people will never forget how you made them feel." Maya Angelou

WatchingMyBack
Nuclear

Re: New Flying Monkey attempt/ or ??

Post by WatchingMyBack » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:56 pm

Ignore. Phishing. Delete. Do NOT get sucked in by this flying monkey.
“Make no judgments where you have no compassion.”

Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Post by Hiddenjem » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:20 am

Thank you Warchingmyback!
"I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did. But people will never forget how you made them feel." Maya Angelou

PutMILinherplace
Enraged

Post by PutMILinherplace » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:11 am

For future reference. You can put a letter in the freezer overnight and it will allow the envelope to open easily without tearing . You can read / copy it and then reseal it back in the envelop. I would get a friend with totally different handwriting to write on it, Return to Sender, no such person at this address and drop it in a mailbox.
You cant set yourself on fire to keep someone else warm.

blue iris
Fuming

Post by blue iris » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:02 am

Just ignore the flying monkey. This is definitely not a friend reaching out.

Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Post by Hiddenjem » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:29 pm

Putherinherplace,

Excellent tip! I will use it! Thank you!

Blue Iris,

I appreciate your instincts! Thank you!

PutMILinherplace
Enraged

Post by PutMILinherplace » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:16 pm

Something else I did once when I had a toxic friend try to find me, I had a friend with very different handwriting open the letter and write back,

Hello , this is PutMILinherplace. I opened your letter and read it. I think you have the wrong PutMILinherplace. I just wanted to let you know because it seems like you want to find this long lost friend of yours. I wish you luck.

This way the flying monkey wont think they got the right address and try to show up
You cant set yourself on fire to keep someone else warm.

Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Post by Hiddenjem » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:29 am

Putherinherplace,

Excellent idea! Thanks for sharing it!