Something happy

Talk about anything and everything not related to the in-laws

Moderators: Phred, meimei, willthetruthbetold

WatchingMyBack
Nuclear

Something happy

Post by WatchingMyBack » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:02 pm

My DIL has given me a wonderful grandson. We're having Hell Week right now (jaundice and midnight crying jags), but over the moon for this little guy. For now, he is allowed to be the Golden Grandchild (he is the first grandchild).

They want me to stay another week and I'm on the fence. I have work and DH is freaking out that everything is falling on him at home.
“Make no judgments where you have no compassion.”

Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Re: Something happy

Post by Hiddenjem » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:21 pm

Congratulations on your new grandson!

How is your daughter in law doing?

I hope dh can hold up the home front so you can stay longer!
"I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did. But people will never forget how you made them feel." Maya Angelou

Melody
Nuclear

Post by Melody » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:21 am

CONGRATULATIONS!! That is so awesome! I'm not there yet so take my advice for what its worth. I would try to have the most frank honest discussion possible with DIL about what SHE wants. If she wants you to stay longer, then you may just come home to a DH that values you that much more. :) Its all good!

jigglypuff
Nuclear

Post by jigglypuff » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:24 am

Congrats to your Son and DIL!

It's great that they're comfortable with having you there helping them with their new baby. I hope your DIL and GS are recovering well. Wishing your family all the best.
'As the days go by, I think of how lucky I am... That you're not here to ruin it for me'

blue iris
Fuming

Post by blue iris » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:51 am

Congratulations! Grandchildren are such a blessing! And so much fun! How wonderful for all of you.

WatchingMyBack
Nuclear

Post by WatchingMyBack » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:16 am

Thank you! They had to go back to the hospital for an overnight. The baby has jaundice that was a little too high so they wanted to keep him under the lights for 24 hours. He is much better today and they're back home.

DIL is a very laid back, sweet southern girl.She would have to be, being married to my ODS, who is a high strung type A like DH. Total opposites that work.

DIL was exhausted from a tough delivery and round the clock feedings with the jaundice scare thrown in. I think she's been glad I was here to take care of their dogs, do the wash, cook (ODS's favorites, naturally) and have an extra shoulder to put the baby on so she can go shower and feel like a human again. She doesn't have a lot of experience with newborns, so she'll have to figure her own routine as she goes along.

DH arrived late last night (1000 miles drive all in one day. Insane.) We'll stay until mid week and head back home. ODS would like me to stay even longer, but I think they need to get into their new routine without me here. DIL's mother lives locally and will help her out with things. The longer I stay, the longer ODS will want me to.
“Make no judgments where you have no compassion.”

rubycrownedkinglet
Nuclear

Post by rubycrownedkinglet » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:58 pm

Congrats WMB. I think your decision not to stay too long is very wise. They do need to transition sooner rather than later with your ODS and DIL cooperating together. But I'm sure they appreciate the help so much. Good MIL!