Anyone else? (Weight loss)

Talk about anything and everything not related to the in-laws

Moderators: Phred, meimei, willthetruthbetold

Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Re: Anyone else?

Post by Hiddenjem » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:54 pm

Food poisoning!!!

It does explain how sick that you have been!

I can see why you aren't going to give that restaurant another chance!

Thanks for sharing the update!
"I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did. But people will never forget how you made them feel." Maya Angelou

Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Re: Anyone else?

Post by Hiddenjem » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:13 am

I have lost eight pounds!

I gathered the nerve to check today.

Technically, 4 more pounds and I will be in a "okay" zone.

Ideally, ten more pounds and I will be in the "I don't dread getting dressed in the morning" zone. Also, my favorite clothes will fit!
"I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did. But people will never forget how you made them feel." Maya Angelou

WatchingMyBack
Nuclear

Re: Anyone else? (Weight loss)

Post by WatchingMyBack » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:04 pm

Hiddenjem, that is wonderful!

Now that I'm on t he mend, I am sure those "lost" pounds will find me again!
“Make no judgments where you have no compassion.”

Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Post by Hiddenjem » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:16 pm

The pounds are good at finding me too!

IrishLass
Fuming

Post by IrishLass » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:14 am

I actually lost weight over Thanksgiving. (Helps that mother in law really can't cook.). I did portion control and my walking up and down our stairs. Maybe we should go to MILs Christmas day.

Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Post by Hiddenjem » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:08 pm

Congratulations on the weight loss Irishlass!

Mil's bad cooking worked out well for you!

I have found that another thing that works for me besides portion control is eating nuts in the morning and evening.

CoffeeLeaf
Infuriated

Post by CoffeeLeaf » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:54 pm

This might not be all that conventional, but, I've had good results.

-Detox. They say that fat around your abdomen can be mostly comprised of built-up toxins your body is having trouble disposing of. There are many ways of doing this (sweat them out in a sauna, herbal teas, spices, essential oils, bath salts, ect.) They come from things like preservatives, pesticides, cheap shortcuts, gmos, and fillers in the food you eat.

You can exercise all you want, but, unless you get that stuff out of your body, you might not be completely successful.

-Eat organic food. Heh, your food bill will double, and you might have to cut out cable, but, you'll be able to eat just about anything. Have you ever wondered how steak could be bad for you, but, there's studies that say it is? It's not the meat per se, it's what they're doing to the animal, and what they do to the butchered meat.
Your health may well do a 1-80 just eating better food.

Dr.Axe is a smart man. https://draxe.com/start-here/

Cheers, and nice job, ladies!

hateThoseNarcs
Angry

Post by hateThoseNarcs » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:35 am

Nuts help for sure:-)

When I was on a diet (a nice dietician prepared it for me) I ate nuts in the morning ,usually with porridge and very often in the afternoon with an apple or other fruit.
Whenever I felt hungry between my regular meals, my dietician advised me to eat few almonds,she advised me to have them with me all the time in case I need them:-)

I ve lost lots of weight which I couldnt get rid off after my 2 pregnancies (one after another), it was a real struggle for me.

EAch day I started (I still follow some points of the diet) with 2 glasses of warm water (with lemon and honey).I tried to eat breakfast as soon as I woke up.
Drinking water during the day is the most important in my case if I want to loose weight( 8 glasses per day)

5 regular meals everyday, lots of vegs and 2 fruits, whole grain,groats,dried fruits,grilled or steamed fish, meat (mainly turkey ,chicken)

I exercised a little bit too.
Once a week I ate homemade cake as I love sweet things :-)

For me regular meals, lots of vegs ,drinking water works the best if I want to loose weight.

I decided to go on a diet after I went NC with my In Laws.They would be surprised to see me now.I ve changed a lot, I ve lost weight, I have different hair, make up, I even started to dress up differently.

Girls,good luck with your diet.

miwako
Nuclear

Post by miwako » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:19 pm

I've made it down to the weight I was when I quit last year! 12 lbs down and 8 to go!

Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Post by Hiddenjem » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:54 pm

Miwako,

Congratulations! I am impressed! Now, only 8 more pounds for you to lose!

You can do it!!!

I am so happy to hear of your success! 8)
Last edited by Hiddenjem on Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Post by Hiddenjem » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:43 am

Currently, I am in size 10 jeans and have moved up to mediums in tops and dresses.

My current bmi is 24.5. It is in the normal category.

I am 5'6 and weigh 152.

It would be healthier and look better in clothes for me to weigh in the 137- 140 range.

A good summer clothes weight for me is 125 to 130 range.

Today, (for breakfast)I had water to drink, a slice of toasted bread and some almonds.

My goals are to move more, keep on with small portions, and always carry a big container of water with me.

Also, knit more, as I can't eat while I knit!

Weight goals- 12 pound minimum I would weigh 140 good for winter/ spring

Twenty two pounds weight loss would be good for summer clothes

----/------

How is everyone else doing?

WatchingMyBack
Nuclear

Post by WatchingMyBack » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:20 am

My weight loss has stalled, mostly because I got into hibernation mode during the cold winter months here in not-ever-sunny upstate NY.

I was shocked at the doctors office the other day, as I was sure I had gained back everything I'd lost from my food poisoning episode, but fully clothed and with my shoes on, I was my "normal" weight that I've been for a long time. I was still 2 lbs below my "normal", so I was pleased by that.

It is my own bad habits, like eating bread, snacking on peanuts, M & M s, glass of wine, etc. that are making me feel puffy and out of sorts.

I do need a detox for sure.

Miwako, I'm so pleased for you. 12 lbs is a major accomplish and you must be feeling so much better.
“Make no judgments where you have no compassion.”

miwako
Nuclear

Post by miwako » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:34 pm

Thanks guys!

I hope I don't need to set my goal weight lower. 115 lbs seemed good for my height, it's a BMI of 22 so it's not like it's super low, but I've only lost an inch off my waist. My goal was to lose another 3-5 inches, and I don't know if I'm going to come close to that with 8 lbs. :/

I'm trying to use my winter hibernation urges to my advantage by just not going out to buy food unless absolutely necessary. A temptation when I live across the street from a grocery store! I'm really not doing any more exercise, though I should, I'm just trying to keep the adage "You can't outrun your fork" in mind.

Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Post by Hiddenjem » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:19 pm

Watchingmyback,

Congratulations on the weight loss! Two pounds makes a difference!

What type of detox are you going to do? Would a Epsom salt bath count as detox?

I have green tea supplements that I have taken in the past but read they are unhealthy. I don't want to damage my liver. They helped in the past with weight loss though!

Miwako, hopefully you will be surprised by the loss of inches after meeting your weight goals! I can relate about your concern. If you need to adjust your weight loss goal, it will be okay. I know you can do it!

It would be tough having a grocery store across the street! I like your plan!
Last edited by Hiddenjem on Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Post by Hiddenjem » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:19 am

Progress

I weigh 148 today! :) I was "stuck" above 150 for a while!

11 pounds to go to be a good winter weight!

(Then ten more to go before summer!)