Annoyed

Re: Anyone else like Musicals?

Post by Tears Of Hannah » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:08 am

Some in-laws need speed knots upside the head and a serious beat down

Queenof3
Angry

Post by Queenof3 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:51 pm

For some reason, any Andrew Lloyd Webber musicals I never cared for, ex: Phantom & Cats...but I *DID* love Jesus Christ Superstar & went on to be in it. Also, not ALW, but I also got to play in Godspell. For both, I was Mary Magdalene. She is probably one of the first century's Jewish believers I felt very drawn to her story. Because she was forgiven much, she loved her Rabbi Yeshua (Jesus' name in Hebrew) with all of her heart.

And yes, I love Fiddler on the Roof! Man from La Mancha, Sound of Music, West Side Story, Romeo & Juliet (Franco Zeffirelli's version).
Last edited by Queenof3 on Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Post by Hiddenjem » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:21 am

I am impressed by your experience in the performing arts!
"I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did. But people will never forget how you made them feel." Maya Angelou

Queenof3
Angry

Post by Queenof3 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:31 am

How sweet!

Yep, old theater and chorus geek here-16 years of community theater. It must be why I'm so nuts about Pentatonix! #choirgeeks :mrgreen:

Queenof3
Angry

Post by Queenof3 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:35 am

Oh, and although I don't think they classify as musicals, Thornton Wilder's "Our Town" and Arthur Miller's "The Crucible" are favorites...plus, who can forget Les Miserables! :!:

rubycrownedkinglet
Nuclear

Post by rubycrownedkinglet » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:13 pm

Queenof3 wrote:And yes, I love Fiddler on the Roof! Man from La Mancha, Sound of Music, West Side Story, Romeo & Juliet (Franco Zeffirelli's version).
I think Romeo and Juliet may be fifty years old this year or next. I saw it for the first time in 1980 in the student theater at my college with a bunch of my friends and roommates. So many tears! We just kept hoping it would end...differently...somehow. :lol: I agree that the FZ version is by far the best and whenever I think of Juliet, I picture Olivia Hussey.

Melody
Nuclear

Post by Melody » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:15 pm

This is so UN- PC but I wanted to share because DH and I have been laughing about "The French Mistake" days after we showed one of our children "Blazing Saddles":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMK6lzmSk2o

WatchingMyBack
Nuclear

Post by WatchingMyBack » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:58 am

Oye! Mel Brooks movies.

I don't even think of those as musicals, but I guess they are. History of the World Part 1 is definitely one of the best satirical musicals around. And of course, The Producers. I actually prefer the Nathan Lane / Matthew Broderick version.
“Make no judgments where you have no compassion.”

Melody
Nuclear

Post by Melody » Fri May 25, 2018 11:28 am

Crossing the forum lines here but thought I might get a giggle. We recently saw "Mary Poppins" and DH then started calling stepmonster Mary Poppins. Finally I said, "WTF?"

DH explained that Mary Poppins does a lot of magic. She also sings about how, "Just a Spoon Full of Sugar helps the "Medicine" go down.".

So now I see it and agree, Stepmonster is much like Mary Poppins - She's a witch that likes to drug people!