Dh in hospital

Talk about anything and everything not related to the in-laws

Moderators: Phred, meimei, willthetruthbetold

Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Re: Dh in hospital

Post by Hiddenjem » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:27 am

Thank you everyone for the encouragement and kind words.

Dh is sleeping. He is glad to be home.
"I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did. But people will never forget how you made them feel." Maya Angelou

jigglypuff
Nuclear

Post by jigglypuff » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:50 am

Good to know he's okay :)
'As the days go by, I think of how lucky I am... That you're not here to ruin it for me'

Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Post by Hiddenjem » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:52 pm

Thank you Jiggy.
"I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did. But people will never forget how you made them feel." Maya Angelou

JeanLouiseFinch
Fuming

Post by JeanLouiseFinch » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:58 pm

Hugs to you both! Hopefully, he will be better in 2017. You will certainly have good cause to tell his family to leave him alone so he is not stressed. I can't remember, are you a member of a church? If so, perhaps some of the people in church would be willing to help, even if it's only to sit with him while you go grocery shopping. If I was with you, I would make you some lentil soup, which is one of my big comfort foods.

Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Post by Hiddenjem » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:35 pm

Jeanlouisefinch,

Thank you!

I love lentil, potatoe, and carrot soup! Tonight, we are having homemade potatoe and chickpea soup!

Dh goes back to his desk job on Monday. He is tired but is doing better. The pesky paying bills and being the only wage earner restricts his recovery time.

We haven't found a church here but not for the lack of looking. It would be a good to have the opportunity to give of our time to others in medical situations, meet people, and be a part of something.

We have checked out many churches within a reasonable drive and their websites. Dh was raised Catholic. I have no desire to be Catholic. Yet, the Christian, baptist and non demo national branches that we visited here offered a perverted minister, homophobic views (not homosexual but don't want to be associated with a religious organization that makes someone feel unwelcome.) I could go on and on.

I am still church shopping but now am looking at the option of driving thirty minutes to see if there are better options.

bsfighter1
Infuriated

Post by bsfighter1 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:24 am

Glad he's on the mend. Just catching up too but I felt your pain.

mamarama
Nuclear

Post by mamarama » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:23 pm

How's dh feeling since going back to work?

WatchingMyBack
Nuclear

Post by WatchingMyBack » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:49 pm

You may want to check out any Episcopal churches. When my Dsis went through her divorce with DNiece and DNephew's father, someone recommended she go to the one in her seaside town. We were raised as Southern Baptists (which my mother stopped taking us to because she said they were all hypocrits and gossips. Partly she just didn't want to be bothered, and partly because she didn't feel welcomed). DNiece and DNephew's father was a back sliding Catholic.

My DSis said they were so welcomed that the kids would beg to go back on Sundays. After 30 years, they're still members there and DNiece even works for the church as a community outreach director.

Many university campuses also have Universal or non-denominational congregations that are open to the public.
“Make no judgments where you have no compassion.”

Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Post by Hiddenjem » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:45 pm

We are all sick. I feel horrible.

Thank you Bsfighter. .

I was the last to get sick. I was a caregiver to everyone after returning home. Pus, pure exhaustion of Dh being in the hospital before returning home. He was so good to me in the hospital when I had our babies. It was good to have a chance to return the favor. He had a high temperature and was very weak.

Mamarama, he tried to go back to work but they sent him home and insisted he take a full week off. He is drained and very sick.

Our family was exposed to upper respiratory virus on Xmas eve and day. On the bright side, we actually had plans for the holidays. The problem is too much sharing happened at the holiday gathering.

Watching my back, good ideas. Thank you.

Everyone try to stay healthy!

hateThoseNarcs
Angry

Post by hateThoseNarcs » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:20 am

Great your husband feels better.Look after yourselves.

Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Post by Hiddenjem » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:44 pm

Thank you.

Still very sick

We could start a coughing to music band.

Does anyone have a solution for comfort for a bad sore throat?

Have been gargling with salt water, perioxide, sore throat spray. I have rotated sore throat drops, cough drops, and Motrin.

miwako
Nuclear

Post by miwako » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:04 pm

Do you have spots on your throat? I had a really bad sore throat in November, and nothing worked for it. Turns out I had strep and needed antibiotics. It still took me all month to recover. If seeing a regular doctor won't work, try a CVS clinic or something similar. They'll be cheaper and still be able to prescribe antibiotics.

Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Post by Hiddenjem » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:22 pm

Miwako,
I attempted looking at my throat and wasn't successful. I will ask someone to check for me. Good idea about going to a clinic in a grocery or drug store!

Thank you.