Dh in hospital

Talk about anything and everything not related to the in-laws

Moderators: Phred, meimei, willthetruthbetold

Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Dh in hospital

Post by Hiddenjem » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:13 pm

His family had a history of massive heart attacks.

He passed out at work and hit his head today. He has been admitted to the hospital.

They keep doing tests and taking blood. They have a regular doctor and a cardiologist checking on him.

It helps make it less scary by letting everyone know since I don't have extended family. Thanks for listening.
"I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did. But people will never forget how you made them feel." Maya Angelou

i'll rise
Infuriated

Re: Dh in hospital

Post by i'll rise » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:15 am

I'm so very sorry to hear this. It must be very scary, particularly as you don't have extended family as a support system. I hope your DH pulls through this and that the results come back with a positive prognosis. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

blue iris
Fuming

Post by blue iris » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:40 am

Oh, I am so sorry to hear this! I will pray for him, for you, and your kids. Keep a positive outlook. Please keep us posted.

Melody
Nuclear

Post by Melody » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:05 am

Very sorry Hiddengem! He was brought to the hospital quickly. Healthcare and treatment are much better now so I hope they can really help him out and he has a great recovery. Best wishes. My thoughts are with you!

rubycrownedkinglet
Nuclear

Post by rubycrownedkinglet » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:38 pm

You're in my thoughts, Hiddenjem. I hope all goes well for a full recovery. Eat and rest whenever you can to keep your strength (physical and emotional) up. You and your children should be there for each other.
Please keep us posted.

jigglypuff
Nuclear

Post by jigglypuff » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:59 pm

Omg, I hope he's okay. I hope the tests come back with good results and it isn't anything serious. Prayers for you and your family. Please keep us updated. *hug*
'As the days go by, I think of how lucky I am... That you're not here to ruin it for me'

Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Post by Hiddenjem » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:42 pm

Thank you everyone for the support and kind words! I am touched!

Sorry to post and disappear. I have been sleep deprived yet strong for Dh and falling apart (crying) when he is off for medical tests.

He has had a lot of heart tests, blood work, etc.

The doctors (cardiologist and general doctor) are going to release him possibly tomorrow or Saturday. He isn't a candidate for a stint yet but the doctor wants him to go home and rest. Then, come back for one more heart test.

They have a theory about dehydration and a virus causing the fall. If he didn't have the family history of heart disease, maybe things would of played out differently.

I really appreciate everyone so much.
"I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did. But people will never forget how you made them feel." Maya Angelou

moved2maryland
Infuriated

Post by moved2maryland » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:57 am

Sorry to hear about your DH's hospital visit and I hope he comes home by New Year's.

Hate to think in these terms but have you and DH discussed what, if anything, his family is told about illnesses/hospitalizations or, heaven forbid, his passing? It's just that IL's have been known to butt in and try to take over and insert themselves while you're in a vulnerable place.
Just remember,to argue with an a@@ will make you one.

Melody
Nuclear

Post by Melody » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:43 am

M2M has a good point. Whatever DH's parents get told (ideally nothing), it needs to be said that he is "resting comfortably at home" and that you have LOTS of help. I.E. THINGS ARE GOING GREAT AS LONG AS YOU DON'T INTERFERE! STAY AWAY!

Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Post by Hiddenjem » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:53 am

Good idea Movedtomaryland.

The hospital is supposed to be releasing Dh today!

Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Post by Hiddenjem » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:14 am

We are officially going home! :)

It will be after lunch. I packed up everything!

Thank you everyone for the words of wisdom!

blue iris
Fuming

Post by blue iris » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:07 pm

M2M said what I was thinking, do the ILS even know your DH was hospitalized? Because if they get wind of it, they will be knocking down your door. Glad to hear he's been released. Go get some rest yourself!

Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Post by Hiddenjem » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:39 pm

We arrived home at 12:34 to two happy dogs (and our teens!)

His nurse sister, the one he works in the same building with, brought vegan food no fridge required food for us! She brought fruit, nuts, etc. She left and gave him a chance to rest. It was very thoughtful and helpful.

Next time, we are keeping a cooler in the room. We all live and learn.

The food came in handy because the small town rural Country hospital in a farming community didn't have much for us and were their first vegan food orders!

Thankfully, I had a sleeping bag and crocheted blankets in the car. It made a difference in getting decent sleep verses making do with thin hospital blankets! It made the room look more cozy too!

WatchingMyBack
Nuclear

Post by WatchingMyBack » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:33 pm

Hiddenjem, I'm just catching up. I'm relieved for you that your husband was released and hope they can find what the problem may have been.
“Make no judgments where you have no compassion.”

miwako
Nuclear

Post by miwako » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:05 am

I'm glad he's doing ok!