I have the best boss ever!

Talk about anything and everything not related to the in-laws

Moderators: Phred, willthetruthbetold, meimei

I have the best boss ever!

Postby Hiddenjem » Wed May 23, 2018 10:30 pm

Today at work, a job candidate came in to apply for a job. He was applying for management. I am the receptionist. The candidate treated me horribly. :shock: He didn't even have a job and was abusive and a jerk!

I have little tolerance for verbal abuse after the horrible manager that I outlasted.

My gut reaction was to tell the owner / my boss. I did so! I left my desk to talk to my boss.

His reaction? My boss immediately went to my reception area and asked the job applicant to leave! The look on the applicants face was puzzled and shocked.

I wish I would of told him how the other mangager treated me when he worked there. The manager verbally abused and insulted other women there as well. No one talked to the owner about it though or each other! Isn't that how bullied get by with what they do though!

In summary, my boss is amazing!
"I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did. But people will never forget how you made them feel." Maya Angelou
Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Re: I have the best boss ever!

Postby IrishLass » Thu May 24, 2018 10:47 am

Your boss does rock! Hindsight as they say is 20/20... You and your coworkers learned a great lesson and now know you can count on your boss to have your back.
IrishLass
Fuming

Postby mamarama » Sat May 26, 2018 10:45 pm

To point out the obvious, you shouldn’t be rude to the receptionist at the company you’re interviewing at. DUH! Your boss is awesome too. You guys weeded our sleeze right at the front door lol
mamarama
Nuclear

Postby Melody » Wed May 30, 2018 10:50 am

What mamarama said. Really, WHY would anyone be rude to a receptionist? @sshole! And even if he is that type of person, how stupid is he to not know to just to behave himself for duration of the interview? (Which started when he walked in the door).

Happy you have a great boss Hiddengem. You deserve a break!
Melody
Nuclear

Postby rubycrownedkinglet » Wed May 30, 2018 3:15 pm

I had a similar situation, but it was when I gave notice at a company I worked for as a receptionist. I was asked to help find my replacement and I was just naive enough to do it. I narrowed the field down to 5 candidates for my boss to interview and when one came in she whispered to me (not realizing I was the person who had set up her interview) that I was going to be let go and I should prepare myself. She went on to inquire what I had done to be fired. When I politely wouldn't answer her, she seemed annoyed, and with all condescension, wished me well in looking for another job.

Also not realizing the situation, the employment agency had specifically told her not to mention to anyone what position she was interviewing for, so she promptly ignored that and dished with me like I would appreciate it. I went along with it, then after she left I sat down with my boss and told him about it. I thought he would understand that as small a thing as that seemed, it meant she wasn't trustworthy and was very nosy.

Here's the thing: Three other applicants were women of color. The last one was overweight. Of course, my boss hired the spiffy little nosy girl. One of several reasons I was leaving was that he had, just a few weeks before, asked me out for a drink. A week later, he'd asked me to tell him my bra size so that he could settle a bet with the boys in the service department, #metoo. I moved on without one regret.

Here's what happened: Within 6 months of her employment, Spiffy got pregnant by one of the three or more coworkers she was sleeping with. She refused to name the father. Several people quit because of the toxic atmosphere. Some of them were people with years of experience who had contributed a lot to the success of the company. The wife of one of the men took his children and fled to Mexico. Someone broke out the front window of the business and left a bag of dog excrement on the receptionist's desk. She couldn't be fired while pregnant or she threatened to sue, but there was so much more trouble that my former boss was "transferred" to a different position and within just a few years, the receptionist got her pink slip along with everyone else as the company was sold off.

Who knows if that bad decision sunk that ship or if it was a toxic Titanic waiting to go down, but I was glad I was gone.
rubycrownedkinglet
Nuclear

Postby Hiddenjem » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:06 am

Ruby I am glad you left that company!
"I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did. But people will never forget how you made them feel." Maya Angelou
Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Return to Non-In-Laws Talk