Barf - Jocasta Post

Talk about anything and everything not related to the in-laws

Moderators: Phred, meimei, willthetruthbetold

Melody
Nuclear

Barf - Jocasta Post

Post by Melody » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:03 pm

So this showed up on my facebook feed.

I have a 19 and 13 (almost 14) year old son. Um yuck?

And out of my four kids the almost 14 year old is most like me. And STILL ick!

https://herviewfromhome.com/motherhood- ... FeJXIp0EbY

I couldn't be happier that he's growing up, and he and I both agree! Anyone else?

PutMILinherplace
Enraged

Re: Barf - Jocasta Post

Post by PutMILinherplace » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:16 pm

Yeah I vomited a little in my mouth. :?
You cant set yourself on fire to keep someone else warm.

jigglypuff
Nuclear

Post by jigglypuff » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:42 pm

I don't have kids so I can't really relate but I've noticed that these clingy moms always talk this way about their sons but never their daughters. My DB sent me a psychology video once about mothers who coddle their sons. They tend to have problematic marriages and use the son as a replacement for a husband. It's a very strange thing. I've seen this in some mothers including my MIL who refuse to let her baby boys grow up.

It's odd to me that the writer equals her son growing up to a slow breakup. Maybe I'm misinterpreting or looking too deeply into this, I don't know.
'As the days go by, I think of how lucky I am... That you're not here to ruin it for me'

WhyOhWhy
Fuming

Post by WhyOhWhy » Tue May 05, 2020 5:33 pm

Yeah, it's pretty barfy. These insecure and clingy moms want the ready-made perfect husband, and when that doesn't happen (because no one is perfect but more likely they marry for status rather than actual compatibility) they try to forge that connection with the only male who she can mold to adore her in the way she wants. It's totally sickening and gross. These men will not be able to mature properly as a result and will not be ready for a truly adult loving relationship later one which is likely what these mothers are hoping for.
I will not let them drag me down to their level again