what does your SN mean to you

Talk about anything and everything not related to the in-laws

Moderators: Phred, meimei, willthetruthbetold

andimtheevil1ha
Fuming

what does your SN mean to you

Post by andimtheevil1ha » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:39 pm

So, what does your screen name (SN) mean to you?
Mine: andimtheevil1ha
All of you know that my MIL is the worst of My ILs. She does and says all of the crazy, messed things to me, my kids and my DH BUT she has the nearve to say it's all me! She is the one that does these things (and im the evil 1 ha)! Just curious to know what your SN means to you all.
In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity

Phoenix
Fuming

Re: what does your SN mean to you

Post by Phoenix » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:46 pm

Phoenix the bird: rebirth, rises up out of the ashes

Ruthie_K1968
Fuming

Post by Ruthie_K1968 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:48 pm

Ruth is my middle name, and 1968 is the year I was born.

ISHATETOOSTRONG
Nova

Post by ISHATETOOSTRONG » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:37 pm

My SN is a rhetorical question out of frustration and to me it is read two ways. One way I'm asking if hate is too strong for love, respect, etc to overcome it. The Rite of Marriage usually includes the reading, "love is ..." and one of my favorite songs is by Sade, "Love is Stronger Than Pride." The other way is asking if "hate" is too strong a word to use to describe what I'm feeling. It is. I don't hate them and I think for the majority of posters here, hate really is too strong a word. Frustrated, hurt, angry, disappointed, grieving... those are more appropriate to what we experience when we are rejected by our ILs.
Never argue with an idiot. They pull you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Island of Sanity

Post by Island of Sanity » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:19 pm

My MIL & FIL used to make some crazy demands. They made their kids (and me, and even my young kids) responsible for their happiness. Their adult kids would practically panic if MIL or FIL was in the least bit disappointed by anything, no matter how trivial. There were times when I felt like the only sane one in the bunch. I was an Island of Sanity in a vast ocean of craziness.

andimtheevil1ha
Fuming

Post by andimtheevil1ha » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:39 am

I have been curious about this since I started reading on this site about 6months ago, I like to consider you all my online friend and just wanted to kind of 'get to know you all' better by asking this question. Plus its very interesting to know why anyone chooses to go by a certain SN. Thank you all for 'being here' for me when no one else is/was :) I love how each individual has thier own way of picking a SN because I know we are all here for the same reason, so we do have that in common, but we are all different and special in our own ways :) Thanks

StarB
Angry

Post by StarB » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:16 am

Star is just a nickname. My last name starts with a "B".

Beardo
Fuming

Post by Beardo » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:42 am

I used to use Blackbeard as a username back in the day. I had a thing for pirates, and this was pre-Pirates of the Carribbean mind you - I was pirate before pirate was cool. People would just call me beardo for brevity and it stuck, I don't mind that the pirate reference is lost at this point.

hatethemall
Fuming

Post by hatethemall » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:36 pm

Hate them all. LOL 'nuff said ;)

i'll rise
Infuriated

Post by i'll rise » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:07 pm

i'll rise.... is taken from the poem "Still I Rise" by Maya Angelou. On of my favourite excerpts from the poem is....

You may write me down in history
With your bitter, twisted lies,
You may trod me in the very dirt
But still, like dust, I'll rise.

My ILs are thieves, criminals and viciously abusive bullies devoid of any scruples, education or common decency. In the face of their ugly behaviour and vicious attempts to tear me down....I'll rise above it all....

Phoenix
Fuming

Post by Phoenix » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:37 pm

I'll rise: I thought of that poem when I saw your name and wondered if that was it. Good choice.

i'll rise
Infuriated

Post by i'll rise » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:18 pm

Thanks, Phoenix! I like your SN also. We're both rising!!

madmama
Infuriated

Post by madmama » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:33 pm

I picked my screen name while enraged over MILs threats to take me to court for GPs rights! :roll: Like the cow has any RIGHT to my children which I birthed and I care for. She refused to even babysit for the afternoon but the *&%@#! thought she deserved visitation of my kids! Yes, I still get enraged when I think about it. So I am still and always will be one mad mama! :D

andimtheevil1ha
Fuming

Post by andimtheevil1ha » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:30 am

Madmama, my MIL actually made the threat of taking my kids from me! haha, I don't drink very often, I don't do drugs. I do smoke ciggarettes, but outside. All I do all day every day is take care of my 2 happy wonderful little boys! I would like to see MIL even try to take my kids, she would find herself floating face down before I let that happen!

madmama
Infuriated

Post by madmama » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:16 am

Is it not bizarre how they feel that because they (MIL) share some DNA with our children they are entitled to them anytime they want? I am like you I don't drink, do drugs, did smoke, I don't even do that now. I am a stay at home mom which means I am here twenty four seven taking care of the kids. Somehow she has a right to my kids! I think they are freaks for believing they are entitled to our children.