what does your SN mean to you

Talk about anything and everything not related to the in-laws

Moderators: Phred, meimei, willthetruthbetold

andimtheevil1ha
Fuming

Re: what does your SN mean to you

Post by andimtheevil1ha » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:54 am

Yeah, they are freaks if the think they have rights to our kids. I have a cousin that works for DSS and when my MIL made that threat, I called my cousin to get advice. In the state I live in (NC) grandparents have NO rights. I think all states take it as a case by case situation. I was promised all the help this cousin could provide :) I have ppl, who does MIL have....? NOONE!
In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity

StillSane
Infuriated

Post by StillSane » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:45 am

My DH was guilted into letting the Toddlers In Law live with us. I wasn't consulted in this decision. They wound up invading for 6 incredibly stressful months where I ran around 24/7 trying to make things perfect for people who were determined to find fault and be unhappy. It was a difficult time, I thought I was going to go nuts, but I'm still sane :mrgreen:

milesaway
Infuriated

Post by milesaway » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:25 am

great thread :)
I live miles away from all our family... its a sad thing to be away from mine but pure delight to live no where near the ILs. Also, when they ARE around I wish I were miles away from them!!

wishinonehand
Fuming

Post by wishinonehand » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:29 pm

Well, I'm sure most of you recognize the phrase mine is from.

It's a perfect summation of my life: Everything I ever hoped my life to be is on the wish side. Thanks largely to my own and DH's naivete when we were young and trusting, and MIL's never failing to break every promise she ever made, those things will always be wishes.

However, I do have a giant, heaping pile of S**T in the other hand, thanks again to MIL who can barely be made to admit some of the bullsh*t she's pulled over the years, much less apologize for completely destroying every hope we ever had.

I try not talk to much about it here because, well, what's the point? There are lots of people here and in the rest of the world who have much bigger problems than I do and I feel like whining about mine is just taking attention away from people who need it more.

disappointed
Angry

Post by disappointed » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:26 am

Disappointed is how I feel about my MIL. SIL I almost expected this behaviour from, but not MIL. Well I guess I didn't know her as well as I thought. I just figured a middle aged woman would be better than screaming, name calling, (based on hearsay) Jerry Springer-style intrusion of my marriage and hanging up on people. Childish, to say the least. I am WOEFULLY disappointed in her.

Rebekahsmom
Infuriated

Post by Rebekahsmom » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:35 pm

Rebekah is my dd's middle name.

willthetruthbetold

Post by willthetruthbetold » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:00 am

My MIL, FIL and SIL use information for control. They lie or twist facts and because of that I never know exactly what the truth is. In addition, when I first found this site, I was so pent up with frustration about the ILs that I was about to burst. I didn't want to wear out my friends with continual vents of how my ILs had been abusive. They don't have IL problems and couldn't advise me. My DH got angry if I said anything vaguely negative about his FOO. I needed to tell my story and let out all the facts and get honest feedback from others. Above all, I wanted my ILs to start telling me the truth and quit their manipulations. Will the truth ever be told? Thus, my SN.
Thanks to all of your good people I have vented my frustrations, told my stories (often multiple times) and have gotten thoughtful feedback. I can tell the truth here, but my ILs don't want to hear it. And they certainly keep lying to me.

Tigress22304
Annoyed

Post by Tigress22304 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:36 pm

My screen name is Tigress22304-Tigress because I have a thing for protective mothers-and who's a more beautiful animal then a tiger?! The 22304 is 2-23-04 for the birth of my only biological child-who is my whole world alongside my 2 stepchildren <3

Island of Sanity

Post by Island of Sanity » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:36 pm

Hi, Tigress, and welcome to the forum. Please feel free to share your story whenever you feel ready.

Island of Sanity

Post by Island of Sanity » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:42 pm

wishinonehand wrote:Well, I'm sure most of you recognize the phrase mine is from.

I try not talk to much about it here because, well, what's the point? There are lots of people here and in the rest of the world who have much bigger problems than I do and I feel like whining about mine is just taking attention away from people who need it more.
Wish, I'm so sorry to hear that your dreams have been destroyed. If you ever want to vent, please feel free to go right ahead. It doesn't matter if your problems are large or small. Even the small stuff can be depressing, especially if you keep it bottled up inside.

disappointed
Angry

Post by disappointed » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:25 am

wishinonehand wrote: I try not talk to much about it here because, well, what's the point? There are lots of people here and in the rest of the world who have much bigger problems than I do and I feel like whining about mine is just taking attention away from people who need it more.

Welcome, from another newbie. That's an awful way to feel about yourself and no one else here feels that way! First of all, you are worthy of attention and another voice just keeps the rest of us lonely souls company! Second, I'm concerned about the end of this statement... Your problems are your own and just because they are different from someone else's doesn't make them any less real. There are some things that are important to me that just don't matter to anyone else in the world, that doesn't make them any less important to me. Feel free to share, whenever you're ready. I've been doing mine in bits and pieces as its relevant to other conversations and just recently one that I just needed to get off my chest. You'd be surprised how good it feels. Plus, its a safe place where no one is going to judge you for not having the perfect relationship with your ILs. You're among lots of different people who sympathize with your problems and its a beautiful thing. When the time is right, share as much or as little as you like and we'll be here!

Queenof3
Angry

Post by Queenof3 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:41 pm

Queenof3 b/c I am the only female in a sea of testosterone...I have three boys & belonged for years to a MB called "It's Good to be the Queen" for moms of all boys. My late husband treated me like a queen, too. The boys & I lost him in 2008 to meningitis. My late MIL was an angel...my FIL is a nightmare. Haven't talked to him since his son died. Narcissistic to the CORE.