FIL Moving

Talk about anything and everything in-law related.

Moderators: Phred, meimei, willthetruthbetold

miwako
Nuclear

FIL Moving

Post by miwako » Sun May 03, 2020 9:04 pm

FIL is finally moving to Arizona with SMIL. Apparently her "melanoma" wasn't serious after all. He put the house up for sale and put a bunch of stuff in the mail for us, without asking of course. I understand why SIL doesn't want him to have her address! :lol: Now he is going to be closer to his wife's family, I wonder how long it will take him to alienate them too? :roll:

PutMILinherplace
Enraged

Re: FIL Moving

Post by PutMILinherplace » Sun May 03, 2020 10:55 pm

Pop some popcorn, sit back & enjoy the show!

Melody
Nuclear

Post by Melody » Mon May 04, 2020 8:53 am

Contrats! He won't be able to be as much of a pain in the arse with those distractions. :)

And things DO get lost in the mail. Oh, well. :)

rubycrownedkinglet
Nuclear

Post by rubycrownedkinglet » Tue May 05, 2020 11:27 am

Hopefully the move will get him out of your hair for a long time. I'd buy the large box of garbage bags in preparation for your shipment. Or maybe better, get ready for selling on ebay or Letgo.
Congrats!

WhyOhWhy
Fuming

Post by WhyOhWhy » Tue May 05, 2020 3:21 pm

Hooray! That's great news! You must already be breathing huge sighs of relief in anticipation of having a much more peaceful life!
I will not let them drag me down to their level again

miwako
Nuclear

Post by miwako » Sat May 16, 2020 6:30 am

And with all the postal delays, getting lost in the mail is a real chance! It's been 2 weeks already! I just got a book the other day that I ordered on Amazon a month ago.

He lives out of state now, so that part won't change much. But I feel like there will be less pressure to visit him alone in Arizona than there was to go back to California, when there were so many other family members to see there as well. Since the once golden SIL is no longer speaking to him, I have a feeling he is going to try to make a new life with his step family and largely cut ties with the rest of us. Fine by me.

miwako
Nuclear

Post by miwako » Wed May 20, 2020 11:48 pm

Update- We got the box today, perfect timing consider our apartment flooded two days ago and everything is still a mess. (Fortunately we had very little damage, but our modem was toast and we had to have Att overnight us a new one.) It was primarily pictures, but not from Grandma like we were told. It was all his family photos. I feel like this confirms my suspicion that he is throwing away his old family in favor of his new wife's family, but whatever. I'm surprised my husband wasn't more hurt, but he's never been that perceptive in that regard. The most annoying thing? There was a box inside the box for formerly golden SIL full of her own memorabilia. She refuses to give him her address so he can't dump crap on her, so he's dumping it on us to be responsible for delivering or throwing out. I guess we'll call her and let her know so she can decide what to do with her stuff. It's annoying because he knows people in his own damn state who know her address who he could have asked to ship it for him, but no, it's better to create work for us. :roll: