Interesting Headline

Talk about anything and everything in-law related.

Moderators: Phred, meimei, willthetruthbetold

rubycrownedkinglet
Nuclear

Interesting Headline

Post by rubycrownedkinglet » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:11 pm

This just in:
Redneckia, Podunk, USA. CluelessBIL (my late ESIL's low life husband) was arrested after a scuffle with police resulted in an injury to an officer. Pulled over for a suspected DUI, CBIL and two of his 'buddies' tried to resist arrest (maybe by fleeing?) and were apprehended and charged with drug possession.

According to the newspaper, the arrest prompted a search warrant for the late PIL's house where CBIL supposedly lives alone. The address was printed in the newspaper. Four more arrests were made, also for drugs and paraphernalia.

ESIL once wrote to DH that MIL and FIL were spinning in their graves because after DH gave her his share of the inherited house he refu$ed to "help" her more. She couldn't accept a relationship without money transactions, so he cut her off.

Now ESIL is gone and the only one in Redneckia left standing has let the house go. A few weeks ago I found his latest FB page and the pictures show even more holes in the walls and a broken glass sliding door with a board in it's place. He is using the money we taxpayers are providing him for drugs, not repairs. It seems he is using the PILs dream home as a party pad. Much to the chagrin of the decent folks living in that neighborhood, some for generations, it has become a crime pit. Who's spinning now?

After ESIL died in 2016, Miss Busy, an old friend of MIL's sent DH a letter and she told him that he and ESILs brother, EBIL should take over that house because CBIL was not on the deed and he would come to no good. I don't think she's still alive at 90+, but if she is, she's definitely the I TOLD YOU SO type. She wasn't wrong.

PutMILinherplace
Enraged

Re: Interesting Headline

Post by PutMILinherplace » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:58 pm

I thought I remembered reading that he has a son . Whatever happened to Eddie Munster? Do you know? Did he escape? Or perhaps I have you mixed up with someone else.

It's can be so satisfying to be vindicated
You cant set yourself on fire to keep someone else warm.

Melody
Nuclear

Post by Melody » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:08 am

Sorry, Ruby, this is actually boring compared to the usual drama, lol! I've come to expect so much more! Really! Your stories are like the ultimate in bad boy cop shows (What you gonna do when they come for you?). And my goodness has it really been 4 years since SIL passed?

And it sounded like your nephew was put into a best case scenario. Any update?

rubycrownedkinglet
Nuclear

Post by rubycrownedkinglet » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:50 am

The last time I was able to get any info on Eddie Munster he was living with his aunt (CBIL's older DSis) two states away from Redneckia. She relocated to my former state from Redneckia about 6 years ago when she got remarried. I don't know how long after ESIL died that Eddie was moved, but I'm sure it was the best thing for him. CBIL didn't take part in any of the parenting when ESIL was alive. She didn't even trust him to let Eddie in when the school bus dropped him off. I always thought that she was using that as an excuse to get out of doing anything she didn't want to do, but maybe it was because CBIL was such a loser.

Eddie seems to be more influenced by his uncle, who is more of a cowboy type than a redneck or wanna-be gangsta like CBIL. In the last photo of Eddie that showed up on CBIL's FB page, he was at school in his new state with a bunch of other teens and he looked like he fit in. I hope he's happy.

Eddie's inheritance from ESIL is half the house. CBIL gets the other half, but because ESIL had no will and intentionally made sure she was the only one on the deed, they don't really own it without an expensive probate. Now that Eddie is 18 he could get a lawyer and go through the process to get his share, but what is it worth now?

Melody
Nuclear

Post by Melody » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:46 pm

That continues to sound positive. :) I hope he's gone for counseling - like intense counseling. As for the house - it is probably not worth it. No doubt BIL continues to trash it, but with the lifestyle he's living, I can't imagine it will be a long life. (Although who knows). Eddie Munster will eventually inherit a property with a house that may or may not have to be leveled.

willthetruthbetold

Post by willthetruthbetold » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:23 am

I wonder if CBIL is paying taxes. If he's not keeping up the maintenance on the house and is involved with drugs, he might lose the property and Eddie won't inherit anything. Additionally, CBIL is probably doing to have court expenses. I'll bet the house smells like smoke, dirty underwear and shame.

rubycrownedkinglet
Nuclear

Post by rubycrownedkinglet » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:46 pm

willthetruthbetold wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:23 am
I'll bet the house smells like smoke, dirty underwear and shame.
:wink: No doubt! Even worse than it did before ESIL died. In a weird twist, CBIL doesn't owe property taxes in their county because he is labeled disabled and collecting SSDI. It amazes me that as a felon, he can still collect that check and get all the other benefits from Uncle Sam like Medicare.

My snooping continues: There was a special price to sign up for a year of the E-edition of the Redneckia paper and in an attempt to see if any death notices were printed for EBIL, I subscribed. The whole story about the PIL's house and Clueless BIL was much more shocking.

Even before the last headline, noted above, the police had forced entry and searched the house multiple times. The previous time was a joint drug raid by local police and the county sheriff's SWAT team. The front page of the paper showed a full color picture of an officer hoisting CBIL by his handcuffed arms in the backyard of the PIL's beloved house. A SWAT officer, in full gear in the background was in the neighbor's yard, assault rifle up, covering the officer who was taking CBIL into custody. There were many more officers there that early morning and the story went on to describe that multiple arrests were made for meth, pot, controlled prescription pills, endangering the welfare of minors and prostitution. Scales, baggies and cash were seized also, proving that there was an operation running there, not just personal use. I wondered how CBIL could afford all the court fees, but obviously he's running a lucrative business.

Evidently, a group of neighbors had gone to the police chief and beseeched him to crack down on the house they claimed was bringing down the neighborhood. The neighbors reported their concern for young children living in the home. Toys on the back patio in the picture seemed to confirm that. The chief of police called it a known drug house, and said the occupants had fortified the doors so that the police couldn't break them down as easily. At least 8 adults were living in the house and were arrested, but all got out on bail.

How is CBIL not in prison? That big raid took place over a year ago, right after the new police chief took office, then...nothing. The search warrant that was served recently was more of an afterthought when CBIL was pulled over with drugs in the car. I guess the county is lenient on non-vioIent crime when the streets in Redneckia can be quite dangerous.

The irony of the snide comments the PILs made years ago about the fate of the neighborhood when a mixed-race family moved in next door is not lost on me. Their own family brought in the worst scourge.

Melody
Nuclear

Post by Melody » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:24 am

OK, this is just beyond. This family must have provided a full SEASON or two of content for the the show "Cops". "Bad Boys", "Bad Boys". That is just disgusting and more disgusting that children are being exposed to all of this.

And it annoys me that CBIL gets out of paying taxes - especially when he's draining so many of the actual taxpayers' resources.

As for the mixed race family? I pity them for moving into an area of trash neighbors with hateful minds.

Rubycrownedkinglet - did you end up sharing what you know with DH? What a heck of a choice, to share or to try to keep this to yourself. This stuff is pretty crazy. I wonder if Eddie Munster has any idea any of this was happening. Thank goodness he got out!

rubycrownedkinglet
Nuclear

Post by rubycrownedkinglet » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:31 am

Melody wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:24 am
And it annoys me that CBIL gets out of paying taxes
Me too. There's really no way he can lose the house for taxes or sell the house, unless he pays the probate fees and gets Eddie Munster to agree. CBIL has nowhere else to go, unless he has more cash stashed somewhere. He's already been brought in for contempt of court, failure to appear in drug court, violation of probation, etc. If they were going to lock him up, they'd have done it by now. The drug trade is so rampant in that area, there aren't enough jails, so he's free to 'do what he do.'

DH wrote CBIL off years ago, even before ESIL died. He would be sad about what the neighbors have been put through by CBIL, but I don't think he would want to hear it. It would just annoy and anger him. So, no, I haven't told him anything at all about CBIL. I think DH might even disapprove of my spying.

As for telling him about what I found out about EBIL's circumstances: DH and I talked about EBIL's death for a few minutes a couple days after he died. He seemed to be unfazed by it on the surface, but had terrible insomnia for a while. He was relieved that we didn't have to worry anymore about EBIL finding us. DH seemed to take some comfort in the fact that EBIL's last few years were somewhat more positive with a wife that seemed to care for him in a stable home that he could call his own. That is what EBIL said he always wanted and yet managed to prevent himself from having all his life.

I think I'm going to leave DH with his illusion that all's well that ends well. The real truth is that none of the old ILs have any impact on our happy life. No one has contacted us to pay for EBIL's final expenses and they probably won't. CBIL will probably end up joining ESIL, meeting an ignominious end, likely by OD. Believe it or not, Redneckia's paper also reports all emergency calls and EMTs had been dispatched to his address 9 times in the last year. I think it's just a matter of time.

willthetruthbetold

Post by willthetruthbetold » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:23 pm

You were a stabilizing influence in your IL's lives, and they came apart when you stopped having contact with them. We can only do so much; they vacuum out our souls, they grab for our money, they try to devalue us while at the same time we are the best things that have happened to their family. They are almost never grateful. You gave and gave and gave, and when you stepped aside, look what devils rushed in to destroy and kill them. At the same time, having no contact with such toxic people allows us to thrive and be happy.
I'm glad that you are doing well!

rubycrownedkinglet
Nuclear

Post by rubycrownedkinglet » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:48 pm

Thank you WTTBT. Your kind words were such a summary of my IL experience.
My MIL and FIL at least appreciated me, even if they treated me like I was not of their species. Their Spawn were nothing but ingrates. The ESIBs' requests became entreaties then became demands. Then they were denied. In their view, if we could afford whatever it was, then they were entitled to it and anything else was an insult. We were depriving them on purpose, something family would never do. Therefore we were no longer family and the gloves were off. They felt justified lying, stealing from us or threatening us, all to get whatever they thought we owed them, because we were faaaamily.

Their circular reasoning made no sense 8 1/2 years ago and it still doesn't. The ESIBs stabbed each other in the back so many times and still passed the gravy at the holidays. [I'm not wired that way. If you lie to me or betray me or threaten to kill me, I'm not going to be at the table with you regardless of who birthed you.]

My life improved immensely not having to be with them or in contact with them. My advice to fellow ILHaters is to not waste time after a cut off trying to figure out why they treated you the way they did or what you could have done differently. Don't feel like you are wrong for cutting them off and try to justify it by nitpicking every detail of your time with them. Just accept it the way you want them to accept it and move on.

I wish I had followed my own advice much sooner. These days, I'm not so emotionally involved but I want to see if my long-ago predictions for them have come to pass. That curiosity has me staying nosey. Schadenfreude is such a guilty pleasure. :oops:

jigglypuff
Nuclear

Post by jigglypuff » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:53 am

I don't blame you for feeling the way you do Ruby. I think we all can understand where you're coming from.

Imo, I don't think there's harm in looking into the situation further for curiosity sake. As long as it doesn't trigger you. Your ILs are no longer around to burden you so if you need to find out certain things to put all of this to rest, then I would do it.
'As the days go by, I think of how lucky I am... That you're not here to ruin it for me'