Monster in law shit show

Talk about anything and everything in-law related.

Moderators: Phred, meimei, willthetruthbetold

D.O.D.I.L

Monster in law shit show

Post by D.O.D.I.L » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:36 pm

My MIL attempted to sabotage my wedding and told my husband of just 1 hour they were done with ME. How can they be so cold and do this? I wouldn't do what they did at an enemies wedding. All I ever wanted was for them to like me.

Melody
Nuclear

Re: Monster in law shit show

Post by Melody » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:59 am

Welcome as I assume you are new to the forum.

Congratulation on your wedding!

As for the @sshole behavior from the IL's, consider it a wedding gift in time to enjoy your honeymoon. And I'm being serious. Instead of years of misery (just read through some of the stories here as I guess you have), they just ripped a bandaid off and showed you who they are. It sucks because they suck, but really, this is much easier in the long run.

Enjoy your honeymoon!

livingmylifeforme
Angry

Post by livingmylifeforme » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:56 am

Congratulations on your wedding!!

Welcome to the forum! *Hugs*

I really hear you on them ruining your wedding. My ILs were rude to me and my family at my wedding. They even started to clean up the whole hall in the middle of the reception. Oh well, we got to get out of there sooner and then spend time with my family right after the wedding, ending on a more positive note. We were even able to make our dinner reservations.

I agree with Melody. They showed you who they are, so just focus on enjoying your honeymoon. If the in laws try to contact you or your DH during your honeymoon, because they will, just ignore them if they try to call or text you, and if they try to call or text your DH maybe just prance around the hotel room naked or distract him with kisses and massages.

Now, it's just a matter of whether or not your DH is on your side. I understand that he may feel caught in the middle, but know that if he sticks up for them now, then he'll be excusing their bad behavior all your life. It's up to you whether or not you want to spend your life like that. Hopefully, he understands that what they're doing isn't okay. That if they disrespect you, that means they're disrespecting him and his choice.

Please try not to dwell on what they did at your wedding. Focus on the good stuff that happened during your wedding, even if it's just one small moment. Your marriage deserves to be celebrated.

WhyOhWhy
Fuming

Post by WhyOhWhy » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:17 am

Mine were fairly unpleasant during our wedding as well. I certainly made a note of that! I think these mothers are incapable of being happy for their son's happiness (mainly because they are miserable themselves and don't like seeing others happy). I'd keep a good distance from her, and do as many of us have done and move far enough away from them to make visiting a bit less easy to do.
I will not let them drag me down to their level again