Annoy INLAWS

Talk about anything and everything in-law related.

Moderators: Phred, meimei, willthetruthbetold

Marie2019
Annoyed

Annoy INLAWS

Post by Marie2019 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:22 pm

I had recently posted about ways to piss off my inlaws at our engagement party but.... I couldn't add or edit my question so iv had to make a new post....

We haven't seen MIL AND FIL for 6 months, well our dd and I haven't my fiancé has seen them twice in that time... im not feeling great about having them at our engagement party but I did it for my fiancé, I had some great advice from a few ppl but there's something I wanted to add.

MIL AND FIL will be super happy to sit next to us because of dd who they are obsessed with,
Yes I can kill them with kindness but I know what they are like and it won't do much
Im not looking to do anything that will allow for anyone else to know what I am doing but something that will really piss them off without anyone else knowing or my fiancé knowing/seeing/hearing.....

TIA :D :)
Last edited by Marie2019 on Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marie2019
Annoyed

Re: How to make inlaws angry at party??

Post by Marie2019 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:24 pm

Edit i forgot to add this is going to be at a club/restaurant

WhyOhWhy
Fuming

Re: Annoy INLAWS

Post by WhyOhWhy » Wed May 12, 2021 8:13 am

If you are doing seating charts, sit a very annoying friend next to them and encourage that friend to talk their ears off the entire time. Be sure you get up and walk around a lot to socialize with everyone else there - not only is that the polite thing to do for all of your guests, but it will leave your in-laws behind and alone in that "prime" location. If you can find a 2nd annoying friend, ask that friend to come sit in your seat the second you get up to walk around and socialize. That way, there are 2 annoying friends irritating your in-laws while you are busy greeting your other guests ;) This is a very subtle way to annoy them that won't seem obvious to anyone else in the room.

p.s. Set this up ahead of time with your friends so that they will be watching and waiting for you to get up out of your seat and they can be ready to pounce on your in-laws for you. Tell them it would be the best wedding gift they could give you.

p.p.s. If you are ever called on it, you can simply say that you wanted to be sure your in-laws felt "welcomed", which is why you asked your friends to ensure they didn't allow your in-laws to feel alone as you and your husband were off socializing with guests. And honestly, all your friends have to do is think of long stories to tell that will bore and annoy the hell out of your in-laws. I promise you that it will work and it will come across as though you were simply thinking of your in-laws and trying to be thoughtful 8)
*** The North Remembers ***