KARMA has a way of working!

Talk about anything and everything in-law related.

Moderators: Phred, willthetruthbetold, meimei

KARMA has a way of working!

Postby djs » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:21 am

As many of you are aware, DH's family pulled a fast one on him (not surprisingly to me) and he was very upset by it all. When FIL passed away, he left three pieces of property. This was to to handed down to DH, BIL and ESIL after EMIL passed away. MIL and FIL did not live together for years before he passed (over 12 years), but I believe she stayed married to him knowing his health was not good for years and that she would inherit all the real estate.

A few months ago, DH found out that MIL sold a large piece of property to BIL. Why? BIL said that he is almost 40 years old and has nothing (huh?). He went through a lousy divorce, gave his ex-wife all right to their house and for the past 5 years has been living RENT FREE in the property that was just sold to him. You mean to tell me, that living rent free (with a good paying job over $70,000 a year) you are still not able to save to buy a house yourself????? What a lame excuse. All this was done without my DH knowing it was taking place - and imagine he was calling MIL every other night while this was taking place - and not a word said.

DH has many items at this property which has a huge 6 car garage. Not knowing anything ahead of time, he was not able to remove his things before BIL took ownership. Earlier this week, he went by there and tried the key and of course the lock had been changed. He had to call BIL to get access to his things. DH has an antique car that FIL and DH worked on many years at this garage - so some of his hurt is sentimental as well.

BIL met DH at the garage so he could get some of the things. It was not a pleasant conversation and of course, BIL tried to make DH feel guilty for being upset about MIl selling him the property that had no reason to be sold, sold for much less then it should have and DH not being told.

Now here is the Karma part - As I stated this property had been in the family for close to 30 years. My husband "lived" in that garage day and night as a teen and early 20s working on cars, he knows it well. BIL told him that apparently the property is now overrun with RATS! They are in the walls, garage, and renters (it has apartments in it as well) have said they have seen rats in their apartments). BIL also still lives there and says there was one on his young daughter's dresser. DH said there was never a problem with rats there before.

I felt bad in one way but to be honest, KARMA has a way of working - and it just did in this story!!!!!
djs
Fuming

Re: KARMA has a way of working!

Postby Photomama16 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:32 am

Indeed. I always say the things you do come back to you tenfold, and your BIL is getting his in spades. :lol: rats for a rat I guess.
Photomama16
Fuming

Postby rubycrownedkinglet » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:05 am

Wow, Rats!?
Sometimes that Karma bitch is subtle, sometimes not, right?

As nasty as your BIL was to go behind your DHs back, with MILs help of course, he deserves whatever he gets. Now that the property is officially his, he will have to be the one to pay for an exterminator (or two) to get rid of the rats. I hope MIL isn't manipulated into paying for it, because it certainly isn't her responsibility. With tenants in residence and the health concerns involved, the city should be (anonymously) alerted to make sure it gets done properly.

Just sayin'. :wink:
rubycrownedkinglet
Nuclear

Postby djs » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:43 am

rubycrownedkinglet wrote:Wow, Rats!?
Sometimes that Karma bitch is subtle, sometimes not, right?

As nasty as your BIL was to go behind your DHs back, with MILs help of course, he deserves whatever he gets. Now that the property is officially his, he will have to be the one to pay for an exterminator (or two) to get rid of the rats. I hope MIL isn't manipulated into paying for it, because it certainly isn't her responsibility. With tenants in residence and the health concerns involved, the city should be (anonymously) alerted to make sure it gets done properly.

Just sayin'. :wink:

Ruby - he might cry to "mommy" and get her to help! That is their game - get whatever they can from her but twist it as if they are watching out for her. That is how the conversation went with DH and BIL they day the "rats" conversation took place.

BIL stated that "MIL didn't have to tell anyone that she was selling the house (for a low price) and told DH that he is only the executor after she passes. In other words, as his sibling you don't even need to know - which is so twisted.

Years ago when BIL was married to someone that disliked MIL so much that she kept BIL away from her for a couple of years (until they separated). He didn't bother with anyone, MIL, FIL or any of us. He missed quite a few Mother's Days, birthdays, Xmas, etc. He had the nerve to tell DH that MIL won't be around forever and to lecture him on not being around.

Now let me say that DH is not totally out of the picture with his MIL. I would never push him to do that for I think of the day that if she passed away he might regret not having talked to her etc. He did send her flowers for Mother's Day and has had very limited conversation with her. We also just attended FIL's memorial mass - which BIL would have never done in DH's situation. So to lecture DH was a kick in the teeth.

As far as the wedding part of the conversation, DH stated to him that his new wife didn't even come and say hello to us (as most bride and grooms do by visiting each table). We were seated next to them but she didn't look our way or visit with our table. BIL's response was "that works both ways". And of course we were not asked to be included in any family photos.

I am at a loss at how this will ever get fixed with their "nothing was done wrong, mom didn't have to tell you anything" attitude. Of course MIL is hiding behind them and isn't saying anything at all. She keeps telling DH that she has cards for DD for confirmation, which was the first week in April (of course she has the cards from BIL and ESIL too because MIL puts the money in all three, ugh!) but will not give them to DH unless he goes to her house. She could have brought them to the memorial mass she knew we were attending for FIL but no - she is making a statement of you need to come to my home to get them. DH says they can rot there. lol We had a card to give BIL's oldest child (since we were not invited to his party) and DH gave it to BIL when we saw him. But these are the games they play. BIl's daughter just had a birthday as well, of course we were not invited to that either but will get a card to her. Just so sad to put our DD in the middle and not give her the gifts. Not surprising though.
djs
Fuming

Postby jigglypuff » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:48 am

They didn't tell him because they knew he would object and they didn't want to deal with that. I would have lost my s*** if I were your DH.

How does your DH's sister feel about all this?

I really don't know how your DH puts up with his brother talking to him like that. God help my sibling if he ever spoke to me that way. Ironic that there are now rats in his building, haha. I hope it's a massive infestation that's difficult to resolve :twisted:

What they do to you guys is so despicable and underhanded. They are vile, twisted creatures.
'As the days go by, I think of how lucky I am... That you're not here to ruin it for me'
jigglypuff
Nuclear

Return to In-Laws Talk