CluelessBIL still a criminal

Talk about anything and everything in-law related.

Moderators: Phred, willthetruthbetold, meimei

CluelessBIL still a criminal

Postby rubycrownedkinglet » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:19 am

I just googled CluelessBILs name for the first time in 6-12 months. I was shocked at what I found!

Background (skip ahead if you know the story):
The late ESILs husband CBIL is to my knowledge, the only one who is living in ESILs old house. This is the house that the late PILs sunk every dollar of their savings paying off, and intended for their three children to sell after they died, splitting the money between them. However, DH and EBIL, ESILs brother, decided to gift ESIL the house so that she, CBIL and their kid Eddie Munster would have a place to live. They were in dire straits at the time, not wanting to work anymore and not having any money at all. ESIL had never worked and CBIL was working the SSDI system to get a paycheck for an illness he would not name and was most likely a scam. At 38, the two of them were deeply entrenched in their retirement lifestyle that had been funded by DH and I, and by the PILs. EBIL had contributed before, but wasn't any more financially stable at the time.

ESIL was also a huge pain in the arse, asking for money constantly and lying/scamming to get it whenever she could. So to get away and to make sure DH could remove the shadow of obligation to ESIL, he signed over his rights to the inherited house and paid the fees associated with the deed change. EBIL did the same. Both eventually cut off ESIL and CBIL and by the way, each other.

ESIL, never a thinker and always greedy and selfish, decided that the the deed should be in her name only. She died. By laws of succession in her state, CBIL and Eddie inherit the house, but an attorney had to represent each of them in court to change the deed and make it permanent. According to county records, that has never happened. There is no one to kick CBIL out of the house so he has just stayed there, likely with no insurance, in a house deeded to a dead person.

Back to my shock: On a mugshot site, CBILs mugshot came up not just the three times that he got arrested for drugs by the spring of last year, but nine more times since June of 2018. Two of the last ones were a DUI, first offense, and a disorderly conduct plus failure to heed a police officer's instruction. He is escalating into going to prison. His other arrests are for drugs and paraphernalia, and just the bonds (10% of the bail) for all these infractions have added up to thousands of dollars.

The last I heard, and I don't have a clue now, Eddie Munster, who will be 17 next week, was living with CBILs sister in a neighboring state. I hope he is still there. CBILs girlfriend who moved in with a newborn baby six months after ESIL died, must have moved out because she is no longer listed at the address. So CBIL is just using his SSDI checks to get high and tool around town, getting arrested.

All I could think was REALLY?! All you have to do is enjoy your retirement on Uncle Sam and live in a free house. Yes, I understand that he was in mourning 2 1/2 years ago when ESIL died, but that obviously didn't last long. What a loser he is.

The only bigger loser in this scenario is ME, for looking him up. :oops: :lol:
rubycrownedkinglet
Nuclear

Re: CluelessBIL still a criminal

Postby Melody » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:00 am

The shear number of times CBIL was arrested is the only surprise to me. You'd think he'd learn after the first five or six. But really, you were shocked? And I'm not surprised for the types of stupidity - his first name IS Clueless, right? (Or Cleatis or Billy Bob), lol.

Did you ever find out why ESIL died? Drugs or a heart problem? (I'm guessing the cause of death isn't listed as "on the toilet" on the death certificate.) Without even knowing any other background, you KNOW there has to be something wrong with EBIL to make such a spectacle of this. Really, he couldn't put in ANY effort to spare his late wife's dignity?

I hope Eddie Munster is doing well. And hopefully CBIL's sister is faring much better than her idiot sibling. Having a small child and taking in a troubled teen had to be quite challenging.

And NO you are ANYTHING but a loser! This was quite the interesting update. Hey, and enquiring minds want to know! :lol:
Melody
Nuclear

Postby rubycrownedkinglet » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:13 pm

Thanks Melody, it was shocking to me too that he didn't just answer the questioners on Facebook that she had a heart attack. He only posted the article by Dr Oz about people dying on the toilet for a few days before he shut her page down and started a new one of his own. I'll bet someone else called him out for posting that. What an idiot.

To answer your question: ESIL's death certificate said that the main cause of her death was end-stage cardiac disease with the contributing factors listed as Diabetes, COPD (emphysema), and IBS-C (constipation). I was surprised about the IBS being listed, but it was. Although the death certificate didn't mention being found on the toilet, it did specify that she was found by CBIL at 8 am and that her exact hour of death was unknown.

Yep, their story is just a twisty-turny tragedy with a redneck edge that just keeps rolling on.
I can only imagine what the PILs would have said about the way things turned out. I didn't even tell the part about MILs grave the week after FILs funeral when the sh!t was hitting the fan among the three siblings. It caved in for some reason. Spinning can cause that I suppose.
rubycrownedkinglet
Nuclear

Postby WhyOhWhy » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:32 pm

Wow, what a loser! He's clearly heading down the road towards prison (it's amazing he hasn't landed himself there yet). It's only normal to be curious, so don't feel too badly about peeking. Finger's crossed that Eddie Munster is being kept away from all of that.
I will not let them drag me down to their level again
WhyOhWhy
Fuming

Postby PutMILinherplace » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:56 am

I wished I had popped some popcorn before reading all of this. :lol: Its getting entertaining.

All kidding aside, I hope for Eddie Munster's sake, the family member that got him, kept him and was able to provide a stable and good influence to help him live a good life.
PutMILinherplace
Enraged

Postby Melody » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:31 am

@Whyohwhy - I think he WANTS to be in prison. Really, a near adult son and only child (that is officially known of) is too much responsibility? It looks like anything and everything is too much effort for him and maybe he doesn't want to deal with anything or have to cook.
Melody
Nuclear

Postby Nevermore » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:24 pm

Being widowed myself, I can imagine that Clueless is spiraling down due to depression, self-medicating and committing a slow suicide by familiar means. He'll be lucky to go to prison, where he may get the help he desperately needs. It's just as likely he will follow his late wife to her grave.
If this happens, I suppose Eddie Munster will get a free house before he's old enough to drink. Let's hope he has used his parents' lives as a cautionary tale and doesn't follow in their footsteps. His upbringing has been less than ideal.
Nevermore
Angry

Postby willthetruthbetold » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:52 am

RubyCrownedKinglet- You're anything but a loser! Most of us do searches about our ILs or others. It's prudent, because forewarned is forearmed.
CBIL seems to be slipping though the cracks of the legal system. He should be in rehab for a couple of months. I'm not an attorney but it seems that he should have availed himself to a lawyer to get the house in his name. My hunch is that he's probably not paying property taxes when they're due. He's at risk for having the property go up for auction. Is it possible for you to look it up?
You make a good case for us about looking up ILs. There is information online which can reveal things that can be upsetting, shocking or frightening. I found out that my FIL had given Golden SIL co-ownership of his condo even though FIL had a trust that stated that it would be Nice-SIL's, I found out about Felony-niece's multiple arrests, I followed FN's boyfriend's criminal activities (news reports) and his subsequent incarceration in prison. Some of it's amusing, but there is also that lingering bad taste after learning about their nefarious activities and lifestyle.
willthetruthbetold

Postby rubycrownedkinglet » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:37 pm

WTTBT, I found another arrest for CBIL even after I posted. The truth is that it doesn't change anything in my life because I'm so far away and far removed from the whole debacle, but yet...I still wonder.
willthetruthbetold wrote:My hunch is that he's probably not paying property taxes when they're due.
CBIL has everything paid for and he isn't taxed at all because he is on disability and is exempt. Not that he was ever really disabled, but he was persistent with his and ESIL's many scams until that one stuck.

The only thing about the attorney is that he and under-age Eddie Munster had to each have an attorney for probate and each one costs about $2K. It's a ridiculous system and all the expense could have been avoided if ESIL had gotten over her selfishness and put her husband of 20 years on the deed with right of survivorship ($200).

Besides, CBIL has better ways to spend his money. Pounds of pot and pills and thousands of dollars of bail and fines.

Eddie Munster will be 18 next year and can legally take possession of his half share of the house. After that they can get a less expensive attorney to transfer the deed. Will they sell or will they stay? It's anyone's guess.

I may just have to keep an eye on it and let you all know :wink:
rubycrownedkinglet
Nuclear

Return to In-Laws Talk