Who else is having an in-law (or toxic in law) free Easter?

Talk about anything and everything in-law related.

Moderators: Phred, willthetruthbetold, meimei

Who else is having an in-law (or toxic in law) free Easter?

Postby livingmylifeforme » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:48 pm

It’s almost Easter! Now that I’m NC, all I know for sure is that we’ll be spending it with my family. I’m looking forward to a relaxing morning and then some nice quality family time.

What about you guys? Do you celebrate Easter? If so, are any of you fortunate enough to be spending it in-law (or at least toxic in-law) free?
livingmylifeforme
Angry

Re: Who else is having an in-law (or toxic in law) free East

Postby Melody » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:03 pm

Growing up I was never that excited about Easter (technically I'm Jewish). But DH's aunt and uncle put such an effort in that I look forward to it. Anyone under 50 (and that's marginal at best) MUST go easter egg hunting in the yard, lol! Aunt and Uncle (used to own a deli) make a kick - @ss meal and best yet when FIL and stepmonster show (you know when she's not "sick"), they have to be on their best behavior or the aunties make a slap down! ROFLMAO!

The two aunties used to scare me a little, but I loved them very quickly! Stepmonster can't make a stupid move without being called out on it! I am the last one to fat shame (I'm chubby myself after four kids). But the first time I met them, they were looking at stepmonster stuffing her face, and one said, "Will you look at THAT - just stuffing herself again? Oh, well! She'll just have it all lipsuctioned out again!". So the shame now, is just having a bit of an incontinence problem around them from laughing so hard. (And they don't care).
Melody
Nuclear

Postby livingmylifeforme » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:25 pm

I’m glad that you have a fun Easter every year! That’s so cool that even if your MIL and FIL show up they’ll get called out if they’re out of line. Your Easter sounds like so much fun, with everyone encouraged to participate.

Yeah I hear you on the body shaming talk. I would never body shame anyone. There’s more to work with anyway, right?
livingmylifeforme
Angry

Postby KeeperOfPrecious » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:48 am

This Easter will be nice and quiet.

Little tidbit of juicy gossip here.

My N has decided to come visit us for summer break. She’s been asked to come see Gma (my MIL) last summer and she declined. She won’t be flying to to see Gma this summer either, she’d rather come visit her uncle and me out in the middle of nowhere lol.

My Easter will be spent enjoying this news that has reached our MIL. SIL gave her the wonderful news the other day. So SIL and I are enjoying this as we let it marinate a while hahaha. MIL hasn’t mentioned anything to her son (my BIL) yet, so we know it’s that bad, she’s stewing over this. She knows my BIL won’t get involved and never wants to hear her little complaints. His words, “you reap what you sow”. Wink wink.

Happy Easter .... insert hallelujah emoji

The devil himself is impressed with her handiwork.
KeeperOfPrecious
Infuriated

Postby livingmylifeforme » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:47 am

KeeperOfPrecious: :lol: :lol: That’s great!! Serves her right. Man, what does that say about someone whose own relative declined their invitation and would rather spend time with someone else who lives in the middle of nowhere?

That’s good that you have such a good relationship with your SIL :D :D

Please keep me updated.
livingmylifeforme
Angry

Postby KeeperOfPrecious » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:13 pm

LMLFM~

Oh boy, there is more to come lol..

My DH told me yesterday that he hadn’t heard from his M in over 24 hours lol. That’s a long time for her to go without speaking to him. She’s punishing him. More details to come, I might start a new post. It’s getting ridiculous with the MIL.

KeeperOfPrecious
Infuriated

Postby Melody » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:07 pm

Yes Keeper, do start a new one. I'm looking forward to this. "Punishing" - :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a sadist! And what a comedy writing in the making!

I don't care for Brittany Spears, but if I were you, I think I would be dancing around singing "Hit Me Baby One More Time!"

Your DH seems to be making a lot of progress recently. I hope this trend continues. Enjoy your Niece and SIL's company!
Melody
Nuclear

Postby rubycrownedkinglet » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:58 pm

OOOOH some wicked punishment. At this rate I'd hope she thinks my DH is 'bad' all the time. When are the toxic ILs ever going to get a clue?

Actually, I hope your MIL remains clueless, steaming and silent. :twisted:
rubycrownedkinglet
Nuclear

Postby livingmylifeforme » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:40 pm

KeeperOfPrecious: Yes! Please start a new thread. I want to hear all about it. Punishing him :lol: :lol: what a nutcase. Maybe he should be “punished” more often :wink: :wink:
livingmylifeforme
Angry

Postby WhyOhWhy » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:14 am

We had a blessedly in-law-free Easter...not a visit, not a phone call, just a quick txt wishing us a nice day (which I don't mind). We had a great day surrounded by people who genuinely enjoy our company. That is pretty much our life goals at this point: surround ourselves and our children with people who want to be there. :!: :!: :!:
I will not let them drag me down to their level again
WhyOhWhy
Fuming

Postby rubycrownedkinglet » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:30 am

WhyOhWhy wrote:our life goals at this point: surround ourselves and our children with people who want to be there. :!: :!: :!:

As it should be. It makes me wonder how we got off track in the first place, being entrapped into spending time with haters, resulting in horrible feelings; guilt, anxiety, and resentment.

Even as limited as our visits were with my ILs, I wish I could have that time back. I regret the vacations we missed, the time and money wasted to spend time with them. I regret the several years of being torn up about how we were treated after the PILs died when the ESIBs betrayed us and caused the anguish, guilt and sleepless nights filled with resentment and shame. I decided a few years ago that since I couldn't have that time back, I would make the most of the time I had now and enjoy what I wanted to do. Cutting off the ESIBs, while troubling, was the best decision we ever made and I have consciously acknowledged with gratitude that we don't have to deal with them anymore.

No more toxic holidays for us.
rubycrownedkinglet
Nuclear

Postby CantstandmyILs » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:52 pm

DH worked on Easter. Actually he works every Sunday. So I had a drama free Easter. Just e and my kids
CantstandmyILs
Fuming

Postby livingmylifeforme » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:22 pm

So glad you had a nice and relaxing Easter WhyOhWhy and CantstandmyILs.

rubycrownedkinglet: The guilt is what I think made us waste our time with our toxic in laws in the first place. Also maybe knowing that you’re trying your hardest, and that you’re not part of the problem. That was me. I thought that if I at least showed I was trying then it would be better. However, my snobby in laws didn’t care and still treated me like crap. That’s when I decided that I deserve better treatment and don’t have to put up with that BS. Like you, my holidays will now be in law and toxic free.
livingmylifeforme
Angry

Postby KeeperOfPrecious » Wed May 01, 2019 9:10 am

LMLFM~

This totally triggers me. I gave my MIL everything she asked from me, everything. When the timing was right, she pulled the rug out from under me. It’s so frustrating when your heart is in the right place, and you’re wanting to make sure everyone is included and happy, and they instantly take it all, twist it and manufacture a false perception of you. The smear campaigns ensue, the triangular conversations and an all out witch hunt to get rid of you. It has personally taken a toll on me. I will never, ever forgive this woman for what she’s done.

I’m waiting for that death in the family, or some crisis when my MIL decides she’s put me through enough lol. Sorry, too late, she should be thinking about this now, while everything is good in her world. She has her little safety in numbers with all her flying monkeys. God forbid, she lose her main monkey. My MIL doesn’t have a mind of her own, she gets all her ammo from the Flying Monkeys. It’s pathetic.

KeeperOfPrecious
Infuriated

Postby livingmylifeforme » Fri May 10, 2019 10:07 pm

KeeperOfPrecious: I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to trigger you. I’m sorry that you’re going through this, too, honestly. It just never seems like enough does it? Then you have the people who get accepted into the family easily with less effort than you, which makes it sting a little more. Well, that’s why we have this site and forum. We just have to stick together. Screw her and her flying monkeys. You’re a much better person, and don’t deserve that at all.
livingmylifeforme
Angry

Return to In-Laws Talk