Update

Talk about anything and everything in-law related.

Moderators: Phred, willthetruthbetold, meimei

Update

Postby Bianca » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:07 pm

Hi everyone!

I have just a couple quick stories about my mil. I also wanted to say thank you to the people who read my last post and gave me advice. I really appreciate it and will definitely use you advice. I have already told my husband that I will only attend special occasions and stuff that I would like to attend.

My in laws both went away during my birthday. I think purposely. They even missed their sons birthday. Yet, if you miss theirs it is a BIG deal. They are so weird about birthdays. They need to be celebrated on the actual day. Yet, they always miss other peoples. So, when my in laws returned from their cruise, they said that they were going to buy me a gift that they had seen, but when they went back to get it, it was sold out. I think they are just cheap. No card or anything. My husband always spends so much on them and helps them so much. Needless to say, when their birthdays arrive I am not going to be buying anything.

Last week for Good Friday I went to my in laws house for dinner. That day everything went fine as the whole extended family was there. The following day I decided to go to the mall to run some errands. My husband was sick and decided to stay home. Maybe an hour after I had left, he called me to say that my in laws wanted to go out for dinner for their anniversary. I decided against going because I had already seen them the day before and was going to see them the next day for Easter. They also didn't give me any advanced notice. I did see them the day before, so they could have mentioned something then. My husband decided to go over even though he was sick. Something to keep in mind is that my in laws never celebrate my anniversary or call me, so I didn't think that their anniversary was anything that I needed to mention. I also didn't remember the date. I noticed that they only recently started inviting family for their anniversary after they found out my parents take us out every year. My parents have been doing this since I was a child. Not for anything, but we saw them two times that weekend and we could have celebrated it then.

The next day for Easter I was talking to my SIL and I asked her what she did on the weekend. She said that she went out for dinner for my in laws anniversary. Then my mil makes a snarky comment that I never go to their anniversary and that it is fine "because she never calls me for my anniversary". Then she laughs. Passive aggressive shit!

A few hours later I am eating fruit. I had a piece of pineapple on my fork and she just pulls it off and eats it. Then she goes for another piece from my plate even though the fruit bowl is right beside me. I take my plate and lick all of the fruit! HAHAHA! How does she like passive aggressive behaviour? The next day she tells my husband that I am soo funny. Yeah right. She is just playing the game.

Bianca
Bianca
Annoyed

Re: Update

Postby PutMILinherplace » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:52 am

Bianca wrote: Then my mil makes a snarky comment that I never go to their anniversary and that it is fine "because she never calls me for my anniversary". Then she laughs. Passive aggressive shit!

Your answer should be after a laugh , "Just following your example. You have never shown that ANYONE ELSE'S (emphasize those words) anniversaries are important so why should anyone think yours is?" Smile a fake smile that you think she is garbage and change the subject or talk to someone else.
PutMILinherplace
Enraged

Postby KeeperOfPrecious » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:39 pm

Did I read this right? Your MIL physically pulled food off your fork and ate it?

Ok, let’s backtrack a little to the fact she fully unloaded the fact she NEVER acknowledges your anniversary. There is nothing passive about that, it’s all 100% aggressive and in your face because she knows she can. Forget boundaries here. Taking food off someone’s plate is incredibly and horrifically rude. I wouldn’t do this to my own children, shoot, not even my DH.

You’re fortunate to know, she’s not playing mind trip games on you. She is flat out spelling she does not like you, not even a little bit. Or maybe she does like you because you’re fun for her. I don’t know about this one.

The more upsetting this is, the more it’s sounding like the two of you have a mutual banter that you both engage in.

I’m all out of order and hung up on the pineapple off your fork scene in my head. I have no idea what I would do. My nasty MIL hates me far too much to actually physically show me. Nope, she’s far more into the deep seeded mind F’ery.

Maybe next time she takes food, literally off your flippin’ fork, tell her where your mouth has been. Wink wink, (sorry for crudeness, but that would be my personal knee jerk reaction)

The devil himself is impressed with her handiwork.
KeeperOfPrecious
Infuriated

Postby Bianca » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:11 pm

Thanks everyone! There is so much support on this site!
Bianca
Annoyed

Return to In-Laws Talk