BEC Mini-Vents

Talk about anything and everything in-law related.

Moderators: Phred, willthetruthbetold, meimei

BEC Mini-Vents

Postby Melody » Fri May 17, 2019 9:24 am

I'm stealing this from another forum, but it makes me laugh. BEC Mini-Vents as in something not necessarily worthy of an entire thread, but at the same time the IL has become such a problem that we get annoyed from just a "Bitch Eating Crackers".

A lot of these were vents about unsolicited parenting advice, but since I don't listen to any of her crap anymore about this, here is mine:

My DH is a teamster and DH's stepmonster's father was a teamster (different unions). Stepmonster struts around in a teamster jacket with her late father's union number. And she's qualified how? Even weirder stepmonster buys DH (her stepson) a jacket with HER father's union number. Its still in our basement.

BTW, she also brags about being a "union leader" despite NEVER holding any office. (From my understanding she was THE biggest complainer in the office - not exactly the same thing.)
Melody
Nuclear

Re: BEC Mini-Vents

Postby WhyOhWhy » Tue May 21, 2019 4:07 pm

OK, this week's BEC vent: My in-laws are talking again about a visit, and yet STILL not asking us when is a good time for us. They got upset the last time I suggested an alternate date (I mean, heaven forbid! It's not like it's my house or anything - and they also seem to forget that I am the social planner in our house). The time of year they are suggesting is going to be very busy, but I'll be damned if I'm going to open my mouth again and suggest a better time - since it seems to offend them so much that I have thoughts and opinions (or that I exist at all, really.) I guess I'll let them figure it out when my husband can't get any time off of work that time of year.
I will not let them drag me down to their level again
WhyOhWhy
Fuming

Postby livingmylifeforme » Tue May 21, 2019 7:58 pm

WhyOhWhy: How rude! Oh, please keep us updated on this. Yeah, I guess if they're unwilling to accommodate then they should face the consequences of being that stubborn. Better yet, keep telling them that it isn't a good time, and maybe not have room for them? Leave them to find a hotel :lol:
livingmylifeforme
Angry

Postby rubycrownedkinglet » Wed May 22, 2019 6:21 pm

For some reason, my EBIL forgot about 20 times that my DH and I both worked every Saturday and Sunday for 25 straight years. How many times would he have invited himself for the weekend if we hadn't just told him to quit asking.

You aren't coming for a "visit" if the people who live in the home are gone all day each day you are there. Did he not think we would see that he just wanted a free room and meals?

Not to mention that the one time he decided to "visit" and didn't leave till we kicked him out a month later he copied the key and stole a savings account statement from the mail. Did he think we'd leave him alone in our home...really?
rubycrownedkinglet
Nuclear

Postby rubycrownedkinglet » Sat May 25, 2019 12:41 pm

My ESIL:
She was never the type to do any work. Even after she had bragged for weeks about how hard she had worked to clean the PILs house when FIL was in the hospital, it was a pigsty. Seriously, the appliances were all caked with grease and smoke residue and the toilets were sticky all over and rimmed with brown sludge inside and out.

After trying to excuse herself from doing any work at all because it was her lady-time, the only work that ESIL agreed to do when we were cleaning and preparing the PILs house for sale? Trimming the six knee-high bushes in the front of the house. The part that cracked me up was that she spent 25 minutes doing it with an electric trimmer and then complained that she was out of commission for the next 3 days, until we were done. All that 'hard work' flared up her most-oft-used excuse, her undiagnosed and mispronounced carpal tunnel syndrome. All that hard work made her so sore all over that she called me at 11 pm that night to ask what she should soak in to relieve the horrible pain. :cry:

For many years later all DH and I would have to do is say croppal tunnel and we'd both laugh.
rubycrownedkinglet
Nuclear

Postby willthetruthbetold » Mon May 27, 2019 6:38 am

I just found out that my Golden SIL has been giving out DH's, DS's, DD's and my info to people that she's never met on genealogical sites after having been told in the past in strong terms to never do it. I had a terse conversation with her some years ago about it, not one that she would forget. I found our information on someone's family tree page, some very distant cousin of DH's. She also messed up her family tree so that she has MIL's brother listed as MIL's son, and dozens of other errors. Nice-SIL reported to me that GSIL has decided that their family tree doesn't have any important people in it, so GSIL is trying to create fake links to British royalty, American patriots and even some legendary figures that never actually existed. Then GSIL contacted DH to try to get him to help her figure out how to do DNA links that couldn't happen in real life. He told her no, why it couldn't be done and refused to help her create fake links and people.
I told DH that if he doesn't tell GSIL to stop giving out our information, I'll contact her myself and it won't be very diplomatic. He is trying to get up the nerve. I'm giving him another two days.
willthetruthbetold

Postby Melody » Mon May 27, 2019 2:09 pm

@Rubycrownedkinglet - That's hilarious! My sister had carpal tunnel syndrome. She worked as a paralegal and did high speed typing for HOURS everyday. And pain is generally not the primary issue - its numbness and tingling and the inability to continue the activity so yep, your SIL (RIP) was quite full of it.

@Willthetruthbetold - GSIL is an entitled piece of work, isn't she? She really thinks she's something special - or at least better than everyone - sheesh.
Melody
Nuclear

Postby VegasVal » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:18 pm

"BEC Mini-vents" Love it!

Yeah this is something I can relate with. Brags without cause. My MIL does it all the time. Well she did when I still part took, which I don't anymore. The peace is overwhelming.

Anywho, thanks for the laugh. I hope you're doing well. I haven't been all that active for an array of reasons, but I am happy to check in with my community. :D
VegasVal
Angry

Postby milesaway » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:05 pm

BEC mini-vents rock! This is mine:
I have always had frigid relationship with the GSIL (15 yrs in). Just didnt grow up thinking all thing gsil (job, spouse, kids, food, house, how she does the mall) is better than me and mine. We may exchange 3 or 4 texts a year with generic texts a year (we live far apart - tha k God). We are "friends" on Facebook tho and without fail, GSIL is always first to like and comment on any posts I make. It creeps me out a little and bothers me alot. Of course the comments are always My Neice or My Nephew or My big brother.... makes me puke a little in my mouth. Fakebook for certain.
milesaway
Infuriated

Return to In-Laws Talk