So close to awareness...

Talk about anything and everything in-law related.

Moderators: Phred, meimei, willthetruthbetold

miwako
Nuclear

So close to awareness...

Post by miwako » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:51 am

My husband was talking about how he's trying so hard to hold his family together despite all the rifts in it. I asked him what other rifts he was talking about. He said "You and my dad, my sister and my dad, my dad and his sisters, my dad and my mom's family..." I said "I'm noticing a pattern!" He didn't like that. :lol:

Melody
Nuclear

Re: So close to awareness...

Post by Melody » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:12 am

This so ticks me off! So FIL AND his enablers? Freakin' duh! Tell him your fine with seeing the enablers as long as they BEHAVE and of course not with FIL!

miwako
Nuclear

Post by miwako » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:55 am

FIL's primary enabler, MIL already passed away almost 6 years ago, so the family has been drifting apart ever since. They banded together immediately afterwards, but I guess close proximity to FIL was more trouble than it was worth! Who knew? :lol: MIL worked so hard to keep FIL's family together, and now that he's having to communicate with them himself everyone is getting tired of his BS real fast.

PutMILinherplace
Enraged

Post by PutMILinherplace » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:40 pm

miwako wrote: I said "I'm noticing a pattern!"
That right there is brilliant. Keep saying stuff like that so he sees you are not sticking your head in the sand. My DH had to learn that he was alone in his dillusion. I would not join him nor would I warp reality for him.

KeeperOfPrecious
Infuriated

Post by KeeperOfPrecious » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:59 am

BINGO!!! It is a pattern, sure as hell not a coincidence lol

I feel ya, my DH used to say all the time “I wish you two could just have a conversation”. Lol NEVER going to happen, that ship has sailed. He had high hopes that I could be that miracle worker and help his NM see the light. NMIL will never see the light, doom and gloom is her jam haha. NO ONE wants to be around that. And she sure as hell does not want me of all people to fix anything.

MIL has no friends, family only tolerates her and her FM’s are using her for their own puppeting and entertainment.

I’m happy that your DH is one step closer to awareness.

The devil himself is impressed with her handiwork.

WhyOhWhy
Fuming

Post by WhyOhWhy » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:52 pm

OMG I can so relate! It's funny, because we have a great relationship with my own family, with my extended family, and with a great circle of friends and acquaintances in our lives. The only people who are ever an issue are hubs' FOO - where mental illness runs rampant (but most are in denial, even though there have been diagnosis made on at least 2 of them for mental/personality issues. But, you know, WE are the ones with the problem.
I will not let them drag me down to their level again