Finally! A visit I can enjoy!

Talk about anything and everything in-law related.

Moderators: Phred, meimei, willthetruthbetold

Melody
Nuclear

Finally! A visit I can enjoy!

Post by Melody » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:34 am

Last I posted DH had visited stepmonster at rehab. This was not the elicit/prescription drug rehab she needs but one because she had the latest "accident" that wasn't healing. DH has even pointed out stepmonster has frequent "accidents" to score more narcotics.

Prior to this it had been four months since we had seen them at a B-Day party for FIL. We didn't even see them at Easter - which DH's Awesome Aunt hosts because Awesome Aunt had called out stepmonster on swiping things out of another Aunt's apartment.

So DH, ever the dutiful son, checks up on his father about once a week asking if he needs anything.

Well, FIL calls DH. His dog (the one where stepmonster set up a go fund me to pay for his vet bills) has to wear a cone for whatever reason. (I don't even bother to ask anymore. I prefer to get my drama fix from Young and the Restless). DH is currently schlepping an hour up and back to babysit the dog while FIl goes to the rehab center.

I asked DH if they were "releasing the kraken". DH doesn't even blink at the reference and told me not yet, but FIL has to go to find out how to care for her going forward. (How he EVER cared about her is beyond me, but I digress).

DH was going to invite the kids, but two of the kiddos are off to the beach, one is visiting her boyfriend, and one is playing Dungeons and Dragons ALL with their friends. When DH left he sighed and said he was going to call his father to get the internet password and that he was going to leave at a certain time, even if his father wasn't home yet.

Meanwhile, I'm sitting here amused as anything typing this, trying to figure out where I'd like to go for lunch with my younger son after I pick him up from D&D.

Now there's a craptastical visit!

P.S. My apologizes if I have offended any Kraken.

WhyOhWhy
Fuming

Re: Finally! A visit I can enjoy!

Post by WhyOhWhy » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:49 pm

Gosh darnit, isn't it just SO inconvenient when things come up so you "can't" go tend to the needs of the wicked old witch? I'm so sorry you'll miss out on such a fun time 8) 8) 8)
I will not let them drag me down to their level again

Melody
Nuclear

Post by Melody » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:33 am

Ha! More than they've ever helped us - take that tit for tat! DH was miserably bored, called me a few times, and I could hear the dog wouldn't stop barking. He finally had the cataracts surgery he was supposed to have about three years ago - already prepaid by everyone but stepmonster's money. (Neglectful much?)

YDS and I had a lovely lunch at the local Indian restaurant. I suggested it and YDS couldn't have been more excited and said after that he can't wait to do it again.

KeeperOfPrecious
Infuriated

Post by KeeperOfPrecious » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:54 am

Wow, I wonder how long they’re going to keep her. These little breaks are priceless.

I’m so happy you got out of that one and enjoyed a nice lunch with your son.

I love the kraken comment by the way hahaha..

Hope you enjoy more visits like this one lol yay!!!

The devil himself is impressed with her handiwork.

Melody
Nuclear

Post by Melody » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:02 am

Thank you Keeper! As a DIL of a Kraken yourself you definitely get it.

Unfortunately I think she'be being released soon, but DH just "visited". Once he's done that he does tend to go out of sight/out of mind. So hopefully there won't be too many theatrics (calls with "emergencies" or P/A love bombing) and we can coast another few months, lol.