Mother In Laws can be blocked from texting too!!!

Talk about anything and everything in-law related.

Moderators: Phred, meimei, willthetruthbetold

Angeleyes2423
Annoyed

Mother In Laws can be blocked from texting too!!!

Post by Angeleyes2423 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:48 pm

Wow, apparently I am skilled in pissing them off this month!

First it was the drama with my DH's Father and step mother

Now I am apparently pissing off the mother in law too!!!

She texted me this evening to check on me and the children...

My husband has 2 children by another woman he gets them every weekend...

I told her we were doing good and that he was on his way home with the girls... and updated her on them like normal..

she said she didn't want to hear about that and was just checking on me and mine...

????
DH comes home and unloads on me saying that i was a drama Wh**e and that his whole family was not against me..

I said oh so your mommy is texting you now over me just ignoring her messages...

I told my MIL if she wanted to check in on her grandchildren from now on she can take it up with her son...

but nevertheless I am culprit of it all *eyeroll* FML!!!

KeeperOfPrecious
Infuriated

Re: Mother In Laws can be blocked from texting too!!!

Post by KeeperOfPrecious » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:06 pm

Angel eyes,

Welcome and sorry you have to be here.

Wow, your DH has gathered that you’re being a “drama wh**ore” over a few text messages from his mommy?
First of all, texts lack true effort in communication. I believe phone calls are more intimate and personal
Second, texts can almost always be read wrong or misconstrued, if read at all.

The fact you might have ignored some, doesn’t mean you weren’t busy. Did his M inquire if you had time to “chat”? That’s extremely rude of your H to get upset over you not wanting to chat with his M. Sounds like you answered her questions, what else did she want? Passing her off to DH was the right thing to do. I don’t get it, I don’t get where he thought you were drama.

You are under no obligation to answer her texts, especially now that she’s gifted you this wonderful drama name tagged to it lol.

The devil himself is impressed with her handiwork.

WhyOhWhy
Fuming

Re: Mother In Laws can be blocked from texting too!!!

Post by WhyOhWhy » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:58 pm

I would have two words for my husband if he said that to me, and they aren't "bless you".
My husband knows he would get a tongue lashing if he even thought to not only accuse me of such a thing, but to also use such language towards me. I absolutely wouldn't tolerate that.
I will not let them drag me down to their level again