Indian mother in law problems

Talk about anything and everything in-law related.

Moderators: Phred, meimei, willthetruthbetold

Hellowelcome
Annoyed

Indian mother in law problems

Post by Hellowelcome » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:07 pm

I am at a bad place in my life, no kids, no job. My husband earns for the both of us. And in this crappy situation my parents in law have come to stay with us for 6 long months. And so, I have to endure these people for the whole day while my husband is at his office. I have absolutely nothing to talk to these people and i have no idea what are they are achieving by staying at our house. My mil has already taken over my kitchen and she has a weird OCD - she needs to keep cleaning the counter endless times. So every time I enter the kitchen she is there -cleaning, cooking etc. I have 0 privacy at home. I told my husband, but Indian husband are know to be mama's boys. He gave the typical response - "try to adjust".

Melody
Nuclear

Re: Indian mother in law problems

Post by Melody » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:15 am

I haven't seen you post before, so hello and welcome Hellowelcome!

I've heard enough stories to know that Indian MIL's are a special kind of crazy. I'm sorry you have to deal with this!

Could you give a little more info - as in what region do you live in? I'm American and I could make a few suggestions about inviting YOUR girlfriends over for a luncheon or coffee (and making them aware of the situation) and making things a wee bit uncomfortable for your MIL in her home - oh, wait, I mean YOUR home!

PutMILinherplace
Enraged

Post by PutMILinherplace » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:18 pm

Next time he wants sex tell him you dont feel comfortable doing it with his mother in the house listening in. You just cant feel sexy with him. Tell him he will have to adjust until they move out.

WhyOhWhy
Fuming

Post by WhyOhWhy » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:28 am

Melody wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:15 am
I'm American and I could make a few suggestions about inviting YOUR girlfriends over for a luncheon or coffee (and making them aware of the situation) and making things a wee bit uncomfortable for your MIL in her home - oh, wait, I mean YOUR home!
This is a great idea! I am a huge advocate of inviting friends along whenever possible. There's nothing in-laws hate more than when you're happy because you are hanging out with supportive and fun friends. Invite a friend or two over your house regularly and be sure the two of you howl with laughter as much as possible. That should convince the in-laws to consider staying somewhere else.

It's YOUR home. Take control of it.
I will not let them drag me down to their level again

KeeperOfPrecious
Infuriated

Post by KeeperOfPrecious » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:55 pm

Exactly what the others have said.

Your MIL can clean up after your little get togethers lol

When is this 6 month “visit” over? Did this just start or are you close to saying your goodbyes?

This is a great place to come and vent since you really can’t say much to the hubby that thinks you need to “adjust”.

I would also suggest maybe looking for a job or take up golf. Something to keep you away from home as much as possible. Are these IL’s helping with any cost of living?

The devil himself is impressed with her handiwork.

Hellowelcome
Annoyed

Post by Hellowelcome » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:28 pm

Hi thank you for the answers! I am managing somehow, I have stopped cooking or helping her with her cooking. I cook my own food as I am on a diet. I love the idea of inviting friends over and irritating the hell out of her. :D :D I go for long walks and spend sometime outside almost everyday, so I don't have to deal with her stupid face all day.

PutMILinherplace
Enraged

Post by PutMILinherplace » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:59 am

Also make sure you dont provide clean sheets or towels. If you can hide the toilet paper in your room, I would do the same. Also insist on a lock on your bedroom door. Have it installed while Hubby is at work. If asked you can say some things have been disturbed in your room and while defiantly not accusing anyone you want your privacy.

willthetruthbetold

Post by willthetruthbetold » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:20 am

I agree with PutMILInHerPlace! Tell your DH that the stress of having your MIL there has made you lose complete interest in sex along with his lack of understanding. Or conversely, have extremely loud sex with screaming, flailing against the wall and lots of profanity. :twisted: Tell your MIL that you can't get enough of your DH and that you have sex on the kitchen countertops when she's not around. THAT should make her go even crazier with the cleaning! If your DH complains to you, tell him that you're "adjusting."
Find which scents she hates and spray them all over your house, play music that she can't stand at all hours of the day and night, leave things around that might embarrass her and ask her to cook impossible recipes. When your DH complains to you, tell him that you're "adjusting."
Get a puppy. Or two. Add some kittens. When your DH complains, tell him that puppies and kittens help you "adjust."

rubycrownedkinglet
Nuclear

Post by rubycrownedkinglet » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:57 am

Oh, Yes, I think all of this^^^^^ :lol: :lol: Definitely

PutMILinherplace
Enraged

Post by PutMILinherplace » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:08 pm

Willthetruthbetold for the win :lol:

Queenof3
Angry

Post by Queenof3 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:13 pm

LOVE it! I'm over here ROLLING in laughter, WTTBT!