Hi

Talk about anything and everything in-law related.

Moderators: Phred, meimei, willthetruthbetold

Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Hi

Post by Hiddenjem » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:00 am

I shared stories here in the past.
Last edited by Hiddenjem on Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
"I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did. But people will never forget how you made them feel." Maya Angelou

Melody
Nuclear

Re: Daughter update Dodged a bullet?

Post by Melody » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:58 am

Sorry she's going through this at the moment, but it sounds like (and from all your other posts) she is SO much better in the long run! She DID dodge a bullet and being stuck in a one-sided controlling marriage with an awful MIL!

She's young (possibly too young to get married - but I live in an area where people usually get married much older) and it won't be long until she finds a major upgrade.

In the meantime, she should consider counseling so she can understand WHY she was willing to put up with this guy for so long! This could be an opportunity to do some fun stuff with her - mani/pedis and lunch or tea.

Thanks for the update and hopefully the pain won't last for too long.

Melody
Nuclear

Re: Daughter update Dodged a bullet?

Post by Melody » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:01 am

Hmm the format changed and I haven't had coffee yet. Just wanted to add that her career which she's been working diligently towards would have been stiffled without any good reason - leaving her even more vulerable to a control freak.

Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Re: Hi

Post by Hiddenjem » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:48 am

Thanks Melody.
Last edited by Hiddenjem on Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did. But people will never forget how you made them feel." Maya Angelou

rubycrownedkinglet
Nuclear

Post by rubycrownedkinglet » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:59 am

I'm sorry for the sadness and disappointment your DD is going through, but I am relieved for her that she is getting out now. The hardest part to come will be if he tries to 'win her back' with some grand gesture that will appear romantic, but in reality will be done to try to control her.

She was so young when they got together that she may not see how many other options she has available at this stage in her life. Not just other men to date, but learning how to be on her own.

Encourage her to be strong and keep doing what's best for her. Best wishes to her.

Hiddenjem
Nuclear

Post by Hiddenjem » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:18 pm

Thanks Ruby.