Hello

Talk about anything and everything in-law related.

Moderators: Phred, meimei, willthetruthbetold

crk1989

Hello

Post by crk1989 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:04 am

My name is Cindy. I am a DIL and a MIL.
I have been married for 30 years and my husband
and I have 3 sons.
I have not seen nor spoken to my husband's FOO
in over 10 years.
I have 2 DILs that I love plus a granddaughter that
is my joy.

Melody
Nuclear

Re: Hello

Post by Melody » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:45 am

Hi Cindy and Welcome! FYI, I think you wanted to post under the "Getting to Know You" topic.

This is a great group, but my condolences that you had to join this club!

I look forward to your posts and your somewhat unique perspective as both a DIL and MIL (FYI I'm an older mom of two middle school kids and my two adult kids haven't had kids yet)!

rubycrownedkinglet
Nuclear

Post by rubycrownedkinglet » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:57 pm

Hi Cindy. I look forward to you sharing what happened to the relationship with your ILs and how you came to cut them off.

This is a great group of understanding folks who have shared sad, infuriating and hilarious stories of dealing with ILs and with SOs who are slow on the uptake about which family most deserves their loyalty, their FOO or their SO and kids. The lucky couples have both FOOs, combined and happy with their family, but for many, there comes a time when choices are required.

I've been cut off with my remaining ILs, whom I've dubbed my DH's ESIBs, for 8 years now and life is so much better without them. I didn't like them even when we all got along, but when they showed their true colors, it was horrible. Ironically, it took me a long time to come to any peace about cutting them off. Looking back on it, much of the perspective I gained came from this group.

Like Melody, I wish we didn't have to meet under these circumstances, but welcome.

WhyOhWhy
Fuming

Post by WhyOhWhy » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:50 pm

Welcome! It's very telling that you have such a wonderful attitude towards your DIL's and yet a less-wonderful connection with your IL's. It's almost as though you're a wonderful person and get along with the majority of people, which is telling in regards to the sort of people your IL's are. We'd love to hear any stories you want to share!
I will not let them drag me down to their level again