Birthday Card

Talk about anything and everything in-law related.

Moderators: Phred, meimei, willthetruthbetold

miwako
Nuclear

Birthday Card

Post by miwako » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:09 am

My husband got a birthday card from FIL today. That's fine, as long as he leaves me alone whatever. But for some reason he decided to leave his name off of the return address. But he still put the rest of his address there, and it's a PO box in a podunk Southern California town, so I knew it was from him, because we don't know any of the other 8 people who live there. I have to wonder, does he think I'm going to intercept it if he puts his name on it, but doesn't think I know the name of his Census Designated Place? :roll:

Melody
Nuclear

Re: Birthday Card

Post by Melody » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:12 pm

LOL! And the stupid games continue! We've gotten cards (when they send them) with no return address). It stopped when DH told them that "WE throw out things with no return address because of, you know, anthrax and stuff even though he rolled his eyes when he saw and said it was "you know who's" (stepmonster's) handwriting.

Does the envelope have FIL's or stepmother's handwriting on it? If she sent it, maybe I could understand leaving the name off, but if he did than its probably exactly what you said.

I'm laughing at your comment because I worked the census. :)

WhyOhWhy
Fuming

Post by WhyOhWhy » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:56 pm

These people often think they are so very clever and smart, when in reality they are as transparent as glass. I can imagine he's so proud of himself for thinking he's "getting one by you" by leaving off his name...as though he matters all that much in the grand scheme of things. :lol:
*** The North Remembers ***

miwako
Nuclear

Post by miwako » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:45 am

Haha, anthrax! That's a good one! :lol:

I'm not sure about the handwriting, it's probably his, but I'm not familiar at all with SMIL's handwriting, so who knows?

And yes, very, very clever. If by "clever" we mean "obvious!" :lol: :roll: