How Is The Holidays

Talk about anything and everything in-law related.

Moderators: Phred, meimei, willthetruthbetold

CantstandmyILs
Fuming

How Is The Holidays

Post by CantstandmyILs » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:12 pm

Well for me it's been good. Still NC with any for a long time.

I saw BIL after Thanksgiven where he works since he works in a supermarket, DH said hi to him with our DC. I just stood on the side(Eye rolling) I didn't even reconsized him since he let his hair grow and got a man bun. It's like that MF doesn't even acknowledge ODS who is his Godson. Ughh it gets me super damn angry. If I was alone I would just walk pass him. When we got to the car since I didn't reconized him I asked DH who he said hi to. He said My brother. I was like wth he looks like a totally different person.

Yesterday MIL calls DH to see what time he's passing by to pick up his gift and maybe his bro and sister will pass by. WTF. DH pass by while he's at work just to grab his gift nothing else. He doesn't go while he's off. This is the only time he just see PIL real quick. Usually when MIL calls during his day off he ignores it. He said he knows I get annoyed so he rather call while he's at work. This time LO picked up her call and pass the phone to him. He said he pass by one of these days during his work hrs before he goes to the office.

Now the big news. We are expecting baby #3. I only announced it to my close friends and family. No fb nor IG announcement. I told him I don't want ILs knowing.

When I told my sister IDK why she needs to always ask about his family. " Well did you told your parents?" WTH he's like no. We just found out. I said no I don't need anyone that isn't involved in our life to know if I haven't even announce it on my social media.

But so far this yr been another good yr without seeing any ILs. I hope yous enjoy your holiday with no drama or at least less drama esp with covid.

WhyOhWhy
Fuming

Re: How Is The Holidays

Post by WhyOhWhy » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:04 pm

Congratulations on baby #3!

It sounds like you guys live waaaaay too close to your in-laws if you bump into them that easily. 8)
*** The North Remembers ***

CantstandmyILs
Fuming

Post by CantstandmyILs » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:42 pm

Thank you. Yes like 15 mins away.

DH passed by PILs house yesterday to pick up his gift. FIL was working he only saw MIL. She gave him pj shirts sweater and jeans and gave him flan.

MIL told DH that her job perminently closed due to covid and she don't know what to do. SIL and BIL is helping them. I told him I hope she don't be thinking you be giving a helping hand esp with FIL stealing from him yrs ago I don't trust them at all. He's like she didn't ask. I said OK just saying there will be no handing money out if they dare ask.

My mom got let go 6 yrs ago from her 15 yrs job she worked. My mom then started taking on babysitting gigs 3 different family. So if my mom can do it she can too esp she don't have small kids. She relying on unemoployment and FIL working.

They would also have to move out soon cause they can't pay rent. I told him if my mom moved to a 3bedroom apt I would of told her not too. Her kids are grown no reason to rent bigger home you can't afford just in case one of your kids comes back home. What? It sure won't be us. I rather live in a shoe box then ever going back to living with them.

rubycrownedkinglet
Nuclear

Post by rubycrownedkinglet » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:31 am

CantstandmyILs wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:42 pm
I rather live in a shoe box then ever going back to living with them.
I'd say the same except insert cat box!

For some reason I never understood, my MIL wanted us to live with her when we first got married. She wanted it badly enough to steal a good portion of DH's savings so that we couldn't afford to get an apartment. DH didn't even realize it until it was almost too late. MIL underestimated how fast I could get a job and how frugal we could be to put our life in order in the midst of paying for our own wedding. She was sorely hurt that living with them was the LAST thing we wanted. :cry:

I think to this day that her main aim was to have control over us so that we would never leave her. Sadly for all of them, her tactics worked on her two younger biological children. The ESIBs never grew up and depended upon her until her dying day. Then they shifted their dependence to FIL, who was heart-broken to discover what bloodsuckers they were. He refused them, resulting in all of them turning on each other. In the end, they were all miserable.

Stick to your guns about not giving them money. Unless your MIL gets a job or figures out how to live within their means, the bloodsucking would never end.