My FIL finally died

Talk about anything and everything in-law related.

Moderators: Phred, meimei, willthetruthbetold

miwako
Nuclear

Re: My FIL finally died

Post by miwako » Mon May 10, 2021 12:48 am

WTTBT, I'm sorry to say that doesn't surprise me even a little. I just hope she didn't find a way to finagle it so YOU owed her something. She has been an evil thief from the beginning, and I hope you never have to deal with her again.

rubycrownedkinglet
Nuclear

Re: My FIL finally died

Post by rubycrownedkinglet » Mon May 10, 2021 4:03 pm

I second what the others have said about GSIL with one add-on: If the loss of some or all of your DH's inheritance is not great enough for him to finally see GSIL for what she is, he never will. Just imagining that he would give her children anything when they have been the beneficiaries of all kinds of things through the years. Your kids-0

To be honest, I'm somewhat angry with him on your behalf, but I feel for him and all he's been through. Keep that journal to help him "remember" what is going to happen. Maybe when GSIL is finished taking almost everything and then vilely resenting him and nice-SIL for what little she GIVES them of HER money, he can maybe, finally put it to rest.

Also WTTBT, I'm sorry for the loss of your loved one. My mother passed just four months after the cut off from the ESIBs and I still don't feel like I even acknowledged her death. It was almost too much with everything else going on.

Her funeral was about 100 miles from Redneckia, in a different state, but I couldn't help looking over my shoulder the whole time. I explained to my siblings about what happened and why we hadn't visited (physical threats from EBIL), they never believed me or accepted it as why I hadn't seen my mother in the six months before she passed.I don't know if they didn't believe me or thought I was overreacting. Things have never been the same.

I hope you take the time to grieve and to celebrate and remember the person in your heart. That, after all is said and done, is the most important thing.