Getting to Know You

Talk about anything and everything in-law related.

Moderators: Phred, willthetruthbetold, meimei

Re: Getting to Know You

Postby KeeperOfPrecious » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:53 am

Years with Significant Other: married almost 3, together 7... 3 of which were long distance

Number of Children: 5 ...2 are mine, 1 his and two of are his step kids, all 5 call me mom

Most Disliked IL: His Mother

Worst Gift Received from IL: His female cousin works as a pharmaceutical rep, she sent DH a box of his fave cookies (childhood reminiscent Christmas thing) and threw in a few outdated magazines she snagged from her route at doctors offices for me lol. Wow :evil:

The devil himself is impressed with her handiwork.
KeeperOfPrecious
Fuming

Postby 1Cor13 » Fri May 11, 2018 12:32 pm

Years with Significant Other: Married about 6, together about 7.
Number of Children: 1
Most Hated IL: I don't hate anyone, but I do despise their (MIL, FIL, SIL, &BIL) ways.
Worst Gift Received from IL: If I had to choose I'd say when they've regifted me things that I bought / gave to them. For instance one time I gave them a bunch of perfume I had, and well when Christmas rolled around they wrapped one of them up and gave it back to me which really made me feel odd.
Adam & Eve were the happiest, and the luckiest, couple in the world, because neither of them had to deal with in laws. :lol:
1Cor13
Annoyed

Postby Nevermore » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:25 am

I recently lost my husband. We were married for 20 years and have 2 fantastic kids that make me proud. My inlaws frustrate me to no end, but I have extremely limited contact with them. My FIL cut my husband, kids, and I out of his life years ago. He felt disrespected when we would not let him control our lives and thoughts with his money. He chose not to attend my husband's funeral. I am certain I will never see him again. One BIL is naive and a drama queen. I don't hate him, but his over-the-top drama created most of the trouble i've had with ILs in the last 10 years. The other BIL is just a straight up jackass, a racist, sexist, self congratulatory jerk. MIL always takes up for her drama queen baby boy, which irked my husband so much that he spent the last several years of his life estranged from them. He was always painted in the worst light, but they couldn't fathom why he didn't want to see them. It was easy just to blame me, so that's what they did, and continue to do.
Nevermore
Annoyed

Previous

Return to In-Laws Talk