Crazy sh*t my FMIL says...

Talk about anything and everything in-law related.

Moderators: Phred, willthetruthbetold, meimei

Crazy sh*t my FMIL says...

Postby StarB » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:00 am

I should compile a list of some of the most horrible, ridiculous, crazy things my FMIL has said. I think I'll start with some of the stuff that really gets under my skin (with full dialog in context).

Most of you know about FMIL and if not here's the link that'll sum her up.
http://www.ihatemyinlaws.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8035

Lets start with something she said today whilst in mid-argument with my FDH.

FMIL: You're abusive. You'll probably end up abusing Star in the future if you don't already.
FDH: What are talking about? Star would never let me say the slightest mean thing to her without a consequence.
FMIL: Well, then she'll end up abusing you. You're (you and Star) co-dependent.
FDH: What? What are you talking about? Like on drugs?
FMIL: You don't have to be on drugs to be co-dependent.
FDH: Star and I aren't like you and dad. There are consequences for bad behavior. We're in love!
FMIL: [sarcastically] Aw, you're in love.

On the subject of signing a mortgage loan on a house.

FDH: You agreed to the house and you told me to "buy a house and get it done quickly." Did or did you not say that?
FMIL: Yes, I did, but when I said that I didn't think your dad and you would do it so fast.
FDH: What!? How am I supposed to interpret "get it done quickly"? Putting in an offer on a house is getting things done quickly.
FMIL: You and I have different interpretations of the word, "quickly".

On my FDH threatening to relay to the family how horrible and bigoted FMIL has been and on FMIL treating her other children differently.

FDH: I bet if I told Lisa (FDH's sister) how bigoted you've been she would NEVER condone your behavior. Yet, you told me that you told her about your racist statements and she thought they were funny.
FMIL: .........
FDH: You never treated Lisa like this! You never went up to her asian ex-boyfriend and said,"You're a low-class chink!"
FMIL: That's because I liked him.

On me responding agitatedly to FMIL's nasty remarks.

FDH: Star doesn't want to be around you.
FMIL: [Sarcastically] Heh, heh, heh. Funny, how she still lives in my house.
ME: [Sarcastically] Yeah, that is funny, isn't it?
FMIL: Don't be rude.
ME: Well, when you make sarcastic comments about me that are supposed to be funny, but aren't it's kind of hard not to be.

On FMIL yelling at FFIL.

FMIL: Don't you ever threaten me with money and call me names! Don't you ever do that.
FFIL: But, you do it all the time to me!
FMIL: Yeah, but it's true when I do it.

What a sick, sick woman. Commentary? Anything of your own to add?
StarB
Angry

Return to In-Laws Talk