I'm baaaack!

Talk about anything and everything in-law related.

Moderators: Phred, willthetruthbetold, meimei

I'm baaaack!

Postby dramafest » Sun May 08, 2011 7:57 pm

I expect that after a long and peaceful hiatus, I will be back on this site a lot more often. Look forward to catching up on all of your dramas as well. (Although hoping you're all doing well.)

Tomorrow DH and I are moving from a 1.5 hour drive away from the inlaws to a 5 minute drive.

FIL has already "threatened" our lawyer by dropping by "to let him know who he's dealing with." (This is our real estate lawyer for our entirely straight forward house purchase. The most boring, basic, routine use of a lawyer in the world.)

Yesterday we invited both sets of parents and my siblings over to paint the house and fill in nail holes etc. MIL spent 5 hours cleaning our fridge, even though she had a hacking cough and cold. Even though the fridge was new and empty and spotless except for a couple of dried up tiny leaf crumbs and basic stuff like that. I would have wiped out the drawers with a vinegar solution. She took the entire thing apart and even used a crochet hook to clean little details. I kid you not: FIVE HOURS.

The rest of the family painted three giant rooms, including complicated ceiling trim.

FIL also went up to the hardware store the morning of to let the paint department know we were coming up to get our paint.

He also wrote down names of gas people, plumbers, locksmith etc. etc., which sounds kind and friendly, but he has this almost obsessive, paranoid zeal that we get all of his people to come "check stuff out." This even though the home inspector gave our (almost new) house a perfect grade.

Let the games begin!
dramafest
Fuming

Return to In-Laws Talk